Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tournament this weekend

Default Memories

Man I am so glad I bailed outta calif !

=)

You crack me up HItts...

Default tournament day

good job on qualifing in the masters. Saturday I was fishing away from the docs and I still caught an eight pounder but did not qualify till Sunday and I am 60 years old and it is hard for me to run fast and that nice man Chris put one rod holder near the orange cone for me. Yes that is a hot spot but the security gaurd circled 30 times around the boat dock with his boat to discourage the fish from the fisherman. I am surprised that he didnt kill some of those huge fish. I still managed to hook on an eleven pounder at 7:45 in the morning on a dropshot with an orange and yellow plastic worm at 8 to 10 inches from the bottom. Fish will be either close to the bottom or right on the top after it rains. I tried alot of different jigs till the fish hit that bright jig as i moved it slowely and stopped it. I quit fishing for the rest of the day and let someone else to use my spot. I qualified like you chris thanks again.
    I had a wonderful day

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    =)
    Ditto on the beer and popcorn... will it never end? I don't understand why everyone is making such a fuss.

Mav, my post was in no way of attacking you. The social club is a few shore regulars who think they own the lake. They know who they are. I fish/or fished Irvine all the time. Over the past 2 years i dont go there as often because of the A-HOLES i am talking about.
    Irvine has had tournaments for years and they still dont understand or listen to the fisherman / there money makers. Fishing by the ramp has "always" been the hot spot after a plant, its not new news. Someday they will wake up and close the ramp area to fishing.
    Why after years and years do they still allow fishing there? I dont run the lake so i dont have the answer.

Here are a few ideas:
    1. stock 3-5 days before the tournament date
    2. close the lake to all fishing during this time
    3. only allow entry to the lake on tournament day to registered people in the tournament
    4. charge $50.00 to fish, this includes entry fee's
    5. clearly mark "NO FISHING AREAS"- ramp or anywhere else.
    6. have more then 2 or 3 people on the water / shore watching & checking for rule breakers.
    7. allow only 1 pole in the water per fishierman, yes just like Bass fishing(side note: last year the guy next to me had 4 poles in the water)
    8. have pre registration, close it after the # of people they choose has been reached.
    9. have a start & ending time.
    10 enforce the rules!!!!

Irvine Lake has a awesome crew working there, they just need more help. Its been this way for years and years.

Just my 2 cents,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No worries, I was messing with Rob. I hear ya...food for thought for the next tourney....I probably won't enter. I'll just go sit in a cove and relax and have a beer!! :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234