Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Any restaurants that cook up your catch?

Default Any restaurants that cook up your catch?

I was in Florida for a couple days and found out they had restaurants where they'd cook up your catch for you. Are there any places in SoCal that offer this?

not that im aware of bro.....

I got a place in Ventura county that cooks our catch for us. I don't think he'll do it for just anyone though.

We usually "donate" some fish to him and his son and he cooks us up plates of grub!!!

I got a place in Ventura county that cooks our catch for us. I don't think he'll do it for just anyone though.

We usually "donate" some fish to him and his son and he cooks us up plates of grub!!!
    Same thing here, I've got a place here in BBL that will pop our catch in it's deep fryer. It comes with the cost of some of our stringer/gunny sack though. 8)

You'll need an "in" though, you just can't walk in with your bucket. Health Department codes and stuff.

However, you can get your catch smoked at certain places. One that comes to mind is Point Loma Seafoods right next to H&M. Here's a link to their processing:
    http://www.pointlomaseafoods.com/processing.html

Later,
    Scott

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll ask around some of the local restaurants where I usually launch from.

Try a local Chinese restaurant. They're often accommodating when it comes to cooking your catch. Especially if you give them some for themselves...

Im pretty sure the Blue Waters Edge in Newport, i think thats what its called. Its accross from the Cannarry, again on the spelling. its Lido somewhere.

They'll deep fry your catch for you at port'o call in Long Beach.