Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: no rich kid here

No Rental Rods, just to clarify what Sansou said, everything GD and I said was in jest, no personal attack upon you was intended, just a little friendly jocularity.

Default Re: Thanks and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by No Rental Rods
    I went to one board and listed my region and gear as was asked. I in turn was tipped-on on how to make my reel have better drags. Here, I got lynched by ??? I want to fish! Learn!My brother-in-law called me 'A Rental Rod' for not following my bait.I was a fresh water Bass fisherman before that. I did not Know to follow my bait at a 90 degree angle or about leaving the rod at the rail on 1/2 day boats or taking the rod to the tank on overnight or more boats! Fresh water bass fisherman try to make artificials look injured. I thought beat up baits were good. Wrong! I found out 'Salts' pick the best or healthiest baits.
    So applaud that you ran a Teamster truck driver out of your Soap opera Oprah Winfrey message board. I am a blue collard worker that saves his $ and is motivated not to make another generation of finger pointers! I am not mad or upset. I wish everyone the best and Limits!
    ghetto dad & valhalla_1_2000, you should both be awfully proud of yourselves for running this guy out of here already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansou
    Don't get your panties in a bunch dude... Both GD and Valhalla are friendly members who like to joke around (as do I)... No harm was intended, just friendly ribbing.

But if you insist on publicly telling everyone you plan on leaving the site, then be true to yourself and cancel your membership via PM to the Webmaster or Moderator. Don't be a lurker.
    Just my 2 cents.

Have fun fishing wherever you go...
    WOW Sansou! That was beautiful. I can't imagine why he didn't come running right back. :roll:

Just a bit of advice here fellas.....

Remember back when you were a new member?........&#4 6; would these type of responses encourage you to contribute, or ask questions, or stick around?........&#4 6;. or would it send you back to being a "lurker"?.......&# 46; something so many here complain about.

I know many of you and I know most of these comments were made in jest......... but keep in mind, a NEW member may not know you're kidding........

This is NOT the way we want to welcome new members........&#4 6;.. give new members a chance to acclimate themselves with the different people and personalities on the board........

I'm on the board looking at threads all the time, and I still read things from longtime members and am unsure if they are joking or not..... think how a newbee sees it...

We need to be better than this.........& #46;... remember, each and every one of you were NEW at one point......... . treat people like you would like to be treated.....

My advice: Don't chase away new members and risk losing your membership.

Enough said.

Thread locked.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345