Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "SPOTS For TOTS" Tourney in NPH

Default "SPOTS For TOTS" Tourney in NPH

My son Brad and I participated in the “SPOTS for TOTS” get together hosted by the “Salt Water Bass Anglers”.

The event brought out 30 boats/yaks and close to 75 folks providing unwrapped gifts that went to a good cause.

Check-in was a chilly 52 degrees with wind at the Dunes launch ramp at 0530. We were on the water by 0600 and en route to the starting point between Lido and Bay Isle.

We were let loose at 0630 and made a very short 2 min run to our starting point. I picked up our first Spottie a 14+ in. on my third cast. Then Brad went bendo on a 16+ in. that weighed 2.10 lbs. More on this later!!

We had our 3 fish limit in the first hour and half and spent the next 5 hours trying to go bigger!! We managed to upgrade 1 in the process. We managed 9 Spots today and only 1 was less than the 13 in. tourney legal size at 12 inches.

Conditions were very good early with the near flood stage high tide that was giving some island dwellers some free salt water lawn treatment. After the turn the current was ripping out with a vengeance. Then came the wind!!!

Brad early wishing he was still in a warm bed!!

My screwed up pic of Brads 2.10 lb PB Spottie as I was getting hit myself. Sorry Brad

Filling out the Limit!

Brads position after 2 hours of fishing.

Somebody is getting a nice Xmas Present.

Brad taking us to the ramp after weigh-in.

The weigh-in receipt.

Although the event was for a good cause there was still some fierce competition on the water. This being our first ever fishing event is was just great to be on the water with those other great competitors.

I will call it beginners luck!!!!!

Brad PB Spottie just missed being the catch of the day!!!

and Team "flyngby" did OK also.

We are now on SWBA's hit list when we return to NPH in Feb. for their Tournament Series.

Take care all!!

Have a Merry Xmas!!!

Steve & Brad & Family

Awesome results you guys, way to go!!!

Great Report for a great event! Wish I could have been there!

SFE

Way to go in the Tourney!!

Nice sized spotties too!

Congratulations Steve and Brad. Well done!!

Klocked

awesome job guys , i wanted to do the event but daddy duties took priority

congrats

Always nice when you get to go fishing and then "come up" on some money!!!

Great Job in the tourney you guys. I can't believe How close those weights were, you beat us by less than an ounce haha it was pretty awesome though. I bet guessing from the way the bite was first thing that it woulda been so WFO the night before. Anyways congrats again on the win

Congrats Steve & Brad!
    Great event... great cause, thanks for your participation.

Steve......Great job out there on Sat!!!!! You and Brad beat some of the best saltwater bass anglers out there!!!! Very impressive!!! Sorry I could not make the event like I planned....I had a family emergency I had to tend to. Really wish I could have met you...well there is always the tourney in Feb.

Nice bag of spotties!!!!

sonarbp

nice job guys, congrats

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast