Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Panfish!!!

I'm in! I love Bluegills! I have been trying for years to get the "World Record" out of Perris. (Jigging a small frog colored Super Duper with a meal worm in deep water) I know it's in there! I've seen a couple over 3 pounds and hooked and lost one that was over 4! Otay is another big 'Gill lake. But you have to wait until about May for them to get active.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    I'm in! I love Bluegills! I have been trying for years to get the "World Record" out of Perris. (Jigging a small frog colored Super Duper with a meal worm in deep water) I know it's in there! I've seen a couple over 3 pounds and hooked and lost one that was over 4! Otay is another big 'Gill lake. But you have to wait until about May for them to get active.
    Damn! I wanna catch blues like that! Where do I sign up?

Go Team Panfish!
    Last edited by smokinflies; 12-12-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Does ''team panfish'' practice catch and release ??? Panfish are not stocked!!!and they are vital to any body of water, Ive seen lakes totally depleted of panfish never to return again I hope your members are aware of the human angling population vs panfish population.I personally believe all panfish should be catch and release to grow bigger and ensure future years of enjoyment to the sport if all anglers would make more of a effort to preserve they we would observe a positive outcome yours to take in consideration.And a friendly question??

If Crappie was pronounced Croppie, why not spell Crappie Croppie?

boy do I need some sleep....

hey buddy let me know where to enrolled for your club

Crappie...pronounced with a short "a" sound. It is spelled right. Also Nickymouse8...Bluegill need to be kept. Not the big ones, but the smaller ones, say the 6 to 8 inchers because they reproduce so quickly and lay so many eggs that they usually overpopulate a lake or pond and it ends up with tons of little 3 and 4 inch 'Gills everywhere. (Too many fish and not enough food = stunted panfish) It goes the same with Crappies. It is actually almost impossible to overfish a lake of it's Bluegill.

I agree release the big bulls,sad because they are most sought out after but isn't a size regulation prohibit the take of smaller panfish I think its like three inches or something.I too chase the big bulls when the time is right I released a 2 lb gill in late summer could never kill a fish that beautiful.oh BY the way fishmounter couldn't help but notice is that a 4wt you were using?/

Default teampanfish

I hear what you say bro,, what you say about us
    killing the panfish population is not true alright,, if
    you look what we do is fishing thats all.. We might take
    or harvest some fish to keep everthing in check!

And for me i'll do what ever i can to keep this population
    around!!!!!

Teampanfish
    0/g crappiemike

Default Gills

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    i'm in! I love bluegills! I have been trying for years to get the "world record" out of perris. (jigging a small frog colored super duper with a meal worm in deep water) i know it's in there! I've seen a couple over 3 pounds and hooked and lost one that was over 4! Otay is another big 'gill lake. But you have to wait until about may for them to get active.

nice gill my buddy!

Cm

[QUOTE=crappiemike;280186]I hear what you say bro,, what you say about us
    killing the panfish population is not true alright,, if
    you look what we do is fishing thats all.. We might take
    or harvest some fish to keep everthing in check!

And for me i'll do what ever i can to keep this population
    around!!!!!

Teampanfish
    0/g crappiemike[/QUOTE ''What you say about us killing the panfish population''?

Crappiemike.you heard me wrong , where in my posts on this thread did I ever suggest that your ''team'' was responsible for killing panfish?Don't add words or speculate!I ASKED again ill say it again if ''Team blah blah''practices catch and release?Im sure ''harvesting''AKA killing fish is a great way to keep the population around and your doing all you can to protect blah blah!!!P.S LM bass should be the only ones to keep panfish on check or do we check them too on team bass??
    Last edited by NICKYMOUSE8; 12-13-2008 at 03:34 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast