Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Pleasant, AZ - Thanksgiving week

Default Lake Pleasant, AZ - Thanksgiving week

Now that my boat is stored in the SunLakes area of Phx, I had an opportunity to take it out for a spin to Lake Pleasant a couple of times with my father. It's not the closest lake to us (takes me an hour trailering it to the lake), but it is the only "close" lake around that has stripers (my father and I are not LMB kinda guys, and we don't usually motivate for Truck Trout).

I'm not super familiar with the lake, and I mainly partied on the lake during my ASU days, so it took us both a while to try to figure out what was going on as far as fishing is concerned. Both days we went out we got lucky and there was barely anyone on the lake. Keep in mind Pleasant is massive (10k+ acres) and has coves that run a couple miles or more upstream (Agua Fria River section for example).

Not much of a fishing report, just some pics I shot for enjoyment.
    (seems my image tags reflect "Lake Skinner"...but I assure you it's Pleasant!!!)

People store some big boats here. In fact we saw a couple of suspicious dudes taking off at high speed from the marina in a really nice yacht.

A little later, we saw them tied up to the dock we were using. As you can see, it's a massive boat compared to mine!

As it turns out, the guys were "REPO" dudes. They had got in a scuffle with the marina manager (backdue slip fees over $10K) and the boat payments were way behind. The marina manager said he called the owner (Phoenix Suns Player) and he was coming down to the lake asap. Ha ha ha!!

Not a boat in sight either day we went.

Typical finger cove at this lake.

Sometimes you get lucky using cut chovies.

The old man in the process of farming a small white bass. Got it close enough to ID, then it C&R'd itself before I could snap a pic.

He redeemed himself a little later that day and got the biggest fish of the day. (Agua Fria River inlet, about 3 or 4 miles upstream)

Goodnight Lake Pleasant. See ya in couple of weeks!

Sounds like a great way to spend Thanksgiving with Dad, congrats on the mixed bag of fish. That last picture is amazing, thanks for sharing.

Do you know which player owns the boat and just saving him the embarrassment? Prolly Shaqs

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Sounds like a great way to spend Thanksgiving with Dad, congrats on the mixed bag of fish. That last picture is amazing, thanks for sharing.

Do you know which player owns the boat and just saving him the embarrassment? Prolly Shaqs

TD
    Nah...unfortunately they wouldn't tell me which player. But for the price of a cig and no camera I did get to peek in the boat, and they showed me a fridge with a few bottles of Roederer Cristal, a nicely stocked bar, and the boat had flatscreen TVs everywhere! Definately a bikini magnet boat.

beautiful pics! looks like they should be in a magazine...
    thanks for the report
    BW

Great job Rich.....youre really getting out recently man....good for you.....thanks for the great pics and report brother

GD

Looks like a great place to fish!! Can you swim in the lake?? That place must get hotter than balls during the summer!!!

nice lake. So whos boat was getting repo'ed?

those are some great pictures... i like the one with the sun setting down...

thanks for sharing your trip with your dad.

During Christmas 07 while visiting my wife's parents in Sun City West just SW of that lake we took a site seeing trip up to the lake!!!!!!

It looked very fishy to me!!!!!!!

Thanks for another report.

Steve

Default nice pics

Hard lake to fish unless you have live shad. Great bass fishing also. Cannon lake was one of my favorate lakes when I lived in arizona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast