Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LB Hooping 12/2

Default LB Hooping 12/2

Rich and I met up with our "Deckhand" Steve (Flyngby in case you wondered) at South Shores at 1500 for an evening of hooping, at least that is what Rich and Steve thought, an evening hooping but I knew in the back of my head it was going to be a long night. Anyways we found our spot and pulled our first set at about 1730 yesterday and last set at about 0500 this morning. Steve worked his butt off as usual with no complaints as he pulled every string. We ended up 3 short of limits for 3 (bummer, still waiting for that magical day). 3 of them were nicer grade to 7 lbs.

Here are some pics.

Steve and Rich with the bigger three. (Almost 2 smiles)

Tank-O-Lobster.

Ice Chest minus Steves 6!

Eddie
    Last edited by HESBROS; 12-03-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Nice bugz.

Nice report.

My friends were out last night on the outside of you and they limited for 2.

Pretty amazing how many nice bugs that place has kicked out!!!

Wow! nice report! I love to eat that bugz yummy. give me some, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatech View Post
    Nice report.

My friends were out last night on the outside of you and they limited for 2.

Pretty amazing how many nice bugs that place has kicked out!!!
    Now how do you know your friends were outside of us? Which boat were they? The one with the couple and small child or the two asian fella's that were working pretty hard as well?

I know all the guys/families in both skiffs and have hooped that same area with them for the past few seasons.

The 2 guys in the skiff said they recognized you from your previous posts and that you guys spoke briefly on how you were doing.

Sounds like the 3 boats "cornered" the bugs that night.

Good work all the way around!

Nice job as always!

HESBROS,

Thanks for another great night on the water SKIPPERS!!!!!!

Here is a pic of Eddie with a nice Sandie while we were soaking the nets!!!!!
    Last edited by flyngby; 12-05-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Add Picture

Hi. I am guy next to you hoopnettingwith friend in small boat. My friend read your lobster blogs and videos on fishing networks and figure lobster spot from back ground so I come long ways from apple valley to go hooping and we dont know its you there until I read this blog. We get 12 fast but takes almost 2 hours for get 2 more, we have 3 extra but throw back small ones. My friend has secret bait that works good to catch crab and lobster all the time. We go again and get 16 but go home early for work. Mr seatecks we must go to secret spot soon. I will put up pictures of lobster we catch soon. Camera is in wifes purse to show her friends lobster pics. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BenDecco View Post
    Hi. I am guy next to you hoopnettingwith friend in small boat. My friend read your lobster blogs and videos on fishing networks and figure lobster spot from back ground so I come long ways from apple valley to go hooping and we dont know its you there until I read this blog. We get 12 fast but takes almost 2 hours for get 2 more, we have 3 extra but throw back small ones. My friend has secret bait that works good to catch crab and lobster all the time. We go again and get 16 but go home early for work. Mr seatecks we must go to secret spot soon. I will put up pictures of lobster we catch soon. Camera is in wifes purse to show her friends lobster pics. Ben
    yup tons of background shots. Nice work on getting your groove on...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast