Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: LB Bugs 12/6

Default LB Bugs 12/6

The Bro and I took my wife (Becky) out for an all night hoop session last night and a little fishing today. We launched from South Shores about 2030. We pulled 9 blanks at our first spot so we went exploring and it paid off. Here are pics of the night we had.

Becky working the rail (She was driver but got tired of my back seat driving and went to the rail)

I got this nice sandy during a soak. (Thats me "Eddie")

The I nailed this 26 in. flattie on a Gulp Jerk Shad.

Oh yeah, we were doing OK on the hooping too.

Eddie with some Bugs (Go Team 57)

Becky and some bugs.

Becky again, she is still getting used to handling the bugs.

Eddie and Becky.

We pulled our last set at 0620 this morning and the wind was cranking up for a breezy day. Not much to report as far as the fishing goes today. Just a couple short flatties.

Eddie

PS, hows that for background!

Default Lb hooping

Good fishing.. When doe's the fish market open? Jk.
    Cool shots...

Cm

Becky, Rich and Eddie,

Looked like another stellar night on the water!!!!!

A nitetime Flattie as a bonus!!!

Those are some nicer model Bugs from the new spot!

Becky working the rail (She was driver but got tired of my back seat driving and went to the rail)

I guess that is why I suck it up and just pull all night!

I have no problem missing out on last night as I had many things to accomplish today like house and yard work, splitting wood to keep the family warm, and of course tinkering with the Boat.

Great trip all!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Nice report!

I went over to Catalina yesterday and worked 5pm-11pm for only 5 legals. Working an otherwise pretty good area with other two boats we only managed a total of 13 legals for 8 people!

The seals were just ridiculous over there last night. They hit 75% of the nets as we pulled them, all night long. At one point we had 3 seals holding the net at the surface and it was a full on tug-of-war between my friend & I and the seals.

...and to top it off the wind was blowing (with some rain tossed in) a nice 10-15mph all the way back to Long Beach harbor!

I guess we should have stayed closer to home!

Good going!

Ed

Screw the bugs, great job on the butt!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seatech View Post
    Nice report!

I went over to Catalina yesterday and worked 5pm-11pm for only 5 legals. Working an otherwise pretty good area with other two boats we only managed a total of 13 legals for 8 people!

The seals were just ridiculous over there last night. They hit 75% of the nets as we pulled them, all night long. At one point we had 3 seals holding the net at the surface and it was a full on tug-of-war between my friend & I and the seals.

...and to top it off the wind was blowing (with some rain tossed in) a nice 10-15mph all the way back to Long Beach harbor!

I guess we should have stayed closer to home!

Good going!

Ed
    Sorry to hear CAT was not 'Great" like normal, seems to be the story this year. At least you were out and got some. The weather was looking nasty Sat night in LB and even worse Sunday, but all we got was wind.

Quote Originally Posted by ahhvtec View Post
    Screw the bugs, great job on the butt!!!!!!!
    Ahhh, you like my Butt?

Thanks DUC!