Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBU ~ Colonet ~ ON FIRE~!!!!!!!!!

Nice report, Kev...
    It was an awesome fishing trip.
    We'll do it again soon!!!

Sammy

Default Hidden Secret

Nice trip. That ling is a toad.

I go on the Endeavor for the 1.5 day Colonett trips in the winter and that has to be one of the more underrated trips and your description of the boat and crew reminded me of them, including the full size toilets. In fact, I've been on a trip in January where I got 7 yellows plus limits of rockfish. Can't beat that. And those yt are homeguard fish so they fight like crazy and they have the extra cold water fat in the flesh that makes them taste way bettter than any kelp patty summer fish.

Fish the heavy iron in the morning for yt and then you have the rest of the afternoon for rockfish. A nice dinner and a full nights sleep on the way back. Perfect trip in my book. Nice job.

awesome report! those are quality fish! thanks

Arthur~! My man. Sorry i've been MIA for so long. Ever since that one time you turned me down when i invited you - i kinda lost all interest in fishing.

Sammy - and to think, i was THIS close to not going on the trip. Good thing I decided to jump back on at the last minute.

DaveG - That's exactly what our trip entailed - YT's in the morning and then ended the day codding. Thanks for reading.

Supasportskid - Yes indeed the fish were all quality poundage. The best was fighting those forktails though... just STUPID bending action.

Quote Originally Posted by k3vin_kim View Post
    Arthur~! My man. Sorry i've been MIA for so long. Ever since that one time you turned me down when i invited you - i kinda lost all interest in fishing.
    Yeah right bro. Looked like you made up for lost time big time.
    The next time you invite me to go fishing, try to give me more than 24 hour notice.

Nice fishing w/you again John.

Everybody~~ Baby killer tied for 1st place on the YT count. 4 Mossbacks - ALL caught on Dropper loop... NICE job J~!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC0158530.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	8975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC0158930.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	8976  

Now that is my kind of winter saltwater fishing

Congrats to you and the NBU crew on an awesome trip out, you guys must have been stoked big time! Nice grades of yellows, lings, rockfish and you have a recipe for an epic trip. It happend to good group of guys....

Keep reports like that coming, although we gotta get you on the photobucket tip so I don't have to click on those thumbnails!

Man sorry to hear about the older guy going down like that, hope he pulled through ok.

Take care K3V,

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 12-08-2008 at 12:45 AM.

Nice report... the helo overhead is an awesome experience... too bad under those conditions...
    BW

Not bad... Looks like you are starting to get some definition in your biceps Kev!!!!!!! Can't be from pulling on fish..

TD - thanx for the warm response. Yeah fish for fish - the NBU came back w/the most impressive #'s. Overall, our group was pretty much bent the whole time.

"Get 'im BOB~!"

"Get 'im Eddie~!"

"Get 'im Sammy~!"

"Get 'im MIke~!"

"Kevin's on another LING?!?!!?"

I was dubbed the Ling King of the day.

Blackwater, The chopper overhead was straight out of SOCOM Navy Seals on PS2. You know that level where you have to shoot the helicopter down?? The blades are so powerful. ANd just think. It's a 12 hour boat ride to get to the spot but it only took an hour for them by air. That thing must've been hauling *****.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast