Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to buy float tube --Need help

Quote Originally Posted by BassEngineer View Post
    OK..OK...TJ, Nessie, Baad you have convinced me.

I bought the Fish Cat 4!!
    I did a lot of research and Cabelas.com has it for $159 and a $20 rebate for purchases over $100.

So after shipping it was $153.95...cheapest I could find on the internet.

Now the next biggest discrepancy in price is waders. I have seen breathable waders from $50 to $500. How much do I need to spend?

TIA...again.

Good job! Now on the waders, I would say you dont have to be so picky. Just make sure they are breathable. While float tubing, you dont really encounter bushes and sticks and stuff that can rip your waders so, I dont think you have to worry about buying an expensive pair that are Goretex or anything like that. Just a cheap pair of Hodgemans should work fine.

Excellent choice! I'm sure it will serve you well. Like baadfish said, don't put too much thought on waders. Chances are you'll probably fish without them in the warmer months like many tubers I know, myself included. Get yourself an inexpensive pair of breathables then spend the money you save on other things. Pretty soon you'll have a tube looking like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by wetbait View Post
    sweet set up. I am about to get what you got showing in the pix. but not sure on some of the acc.

are those outcast fins you got there?
    you have stockfoot or bootfoot wader?
    if stockfoot do you strap straight into the fins?
    Yes, those are outcast fins.
    They will work with boot foot waders AND stocking foot waders!

I have stocking foot waders.
    I use "diving booties" on top of my stocking foot waders. Then I put the fins on. Click here to see what I mean by "diving booties".

These help protect the stocking foot on the waders from wearing down or getting holes.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 12-04-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post

That is a bad ***** tube!! Nice work! I am going to have to come up with something...like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    Excellent choice! I'm sure it will serve you well. Like baadfish said, don't put too much thought on waders. Chances are you'll probably fish without them in the warmer months like many tubers I know, myself included. Get yourself an inexpensive pair of breathables then spend the money you save on other things. Pretty soon you'll have a tube looking like mine.

Hahahaa! My gosh man.....that is one heck of a set up!

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    I have the EXACT same set up. Love it! I don't use the PFD too often as my home lake counts the inflatable seat as one.

One more thing - I had to add blaze orange to mine for use in the bays. I just got a used t shirt in blaze orange and put it over the headrest Works great and it was very cheap.

Good idea on the rod floats. Looks like closed cell foam insulation for hot water pipes?

One more item: I went and got some huge carribeeners (how do you spell that?) at Walmart. It is very helpful to be able to hook up to your fishing buddy, or a post, etc while fishing. It stays on my tube at all times.
    Last edited by hughpam; 12-05-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Carabiner....

u use it with ropes and latch on to post or tree branch?

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Yes, those are outcast fins.
    They will work with boot foot waders AND stocking foot waders!

I have stocking foot waders.
    I use "diving booties" on top of my stocking foot waders. Then I put the fins on. Click here to see what I mean by "diving booties".

These help protect the stocking foot on the waders from wearing down or getting holes.
    yeah i was thinking bout wear dive bootie over stocking foot...what u use as rod holder?

Bought some fins...spent $69.95 and waders for $74.95...just waiting on the tube.

I still need:
    Life Vest
    Rod Holder

Anything else I SHOULD have out there?
    Last edited by BassEngineer; 12-07-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassEngineer View Post
    Bought some fins...spent $69.95 and waders for $74.95...just waiting on the tube.

I still need:
    Life Vest
    Rod Holder

Anything else I SHOULD have out there?
    Don't forget a whistle or some type of noise maker. Some people out there (especially non regulars in rental boats) may not be paying attention or aware of your presence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast