Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Glad to be back on land!

Default Glad to be back on land!

for the past month ive been trying to go out on the new del mar, but something always comes up at the last moment. anyway, today i thought for sure i was going to make it at the landing by 7:30. Wrong! got there at 7:35 and the boat was gone. so i waited for the Betty-O which i had never been on. Boat arrives and captain Mike warns us about the rough seas. well i didnt expect them to be this bad. i would say 10' swells or so. i had to keep a hand on my pole and a hand on the rail to keep from falling. well after about a half hour of managing between holding on to the rail and feeling for bites, i start feeling see sick. i spent the next couple hours or so sitting in the galley. i decide to come back up and i catch 1 red snapper and 2 starry rockfish. after that i feel sick again so back to the galley i go. at this point about half the boat is sick so the captain called it a day. it was a very smooth ride back. it was as if the boat was riding the waves back to shore. made it back at 1:00 and we all got half fare for next time.

Hi Victor101,

Terrible trip ...... great skipper and straight-shooter making good on the half-fare for the next trip. Betty-O ...... skippered by Mike! gotta remember that! Good boats/skippers and crews deserve a good word!

Thanks,

JapanRon

oh yeah, great skipper and great crew :thumb:. bad condidtions

Sounds like it was a rough one....

Very cool of the skipper to give ya'll 1/2 price next trip despite the fact it was a weather issue and not a boat issue.

....but those are the trips that I absolutely look for. No joke. Nothing better than when 1/2 the boat is puking cause it frees up room for the rest of us! Every year I do an albacore trip with a bunch of Arizona building contractors who believe it necessary to get blitzed the night the boat is leaving: the next day 1/2 of them are puking ---> beautiful!!

Better luck to you next time!

LOL!!! I'm w/u Sansou! The mo the Merrier!!!LOL!!!!

GM<

It was big out there today !!I drove out the inlet and headed right back in haha little to much for my 13 ft &#46;At least is was half for next time and you still caught fish