Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Motor shaking / loss of power.. any ideas?

Sounds exactly like what was happening to us not too long ago. We found we had water in the gas. There is an additive you can buy at the autoparts store for a coulple bucks that dries it out, but if you've changed your gas, it could be water in the engine. May need to check that the plugs aren't wet and check filters as well. Cost us a lot to find out it was an easy fix and preventative.

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fish View Post
    Sounds exactly like what was happening to us not too long ago. We found we had water in the gas. There is an additive you can buy at the autoparts store for a coulple bucks that dries it out, but if you've changed your gas, it could be water in the engine. May need to check that the plugs aren't wet and check filters as well. Cost us a lot to find out it was an easy fix and preventative.
    thanks granny.. i'll be doing some other checks tomorrow (err later today based on timestamp) and see how it goes...

Default Yay!!!!

ok.. so finally got around to replacing the plugs... took the boat out to the Pudd today for a quick test run.. and the boat and engine are running like a champ now!...

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    ok.. so finally got around to replacing the plugs... took the boat out to the Pudd today for a quick test run.. and the boat and engine are running like a champ now!...
    Had me scratching my head on that one, its kind of hard to diagnose problems without looking at the real thing. Glad you found the problem. Kelly k

Nicely done Heman, Now if you can just learn to catch a bass on it now. Let me know when its good and we will head out. Looking foward to learning from ya bro..

hey had the same problem went tru all the same things you did ran good for a couple of trips then the same thing again.........ended up being the timming ring on the flywheel was broke free sometimes it would catch sometimes it would spin.....so just sayin if it starts doin it again pull your fly wheel and check.............

Quote Originally Posted by labboss2003 View Post
    hey had the same problem went tru all the same things you did ran good for a couple of trips then the same thing again.........ended up being the timming ring on the flywheel was broke free sometimes it would catch sometimes it would spin.....so just sayin if it starts doin it again pull your fly wheel and check.............
    cool thanks.. i will keep that in mind.. took it out to Skinner yesterday and it was still running great...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234