Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa Barbara Rpt 11/15 w-pics

Default Santa Barbara Rpt 11/15 w-pics

Took Jason “jscrib” and Yen “flyfisher” up to Santa Barbara for some shallow water Rockfishing. Since this was Jason's Birthday fishing trip, he wanted me to take him to a spot that I call “Brown Love” because it's loaded with so many tasty Brown Rockfish.

While driving up from the San Fernando Valley, it looked like we were driving throught snow flurries because of all the ashes from the Sylmar wild fire.

Here is an early morning picture of the Santa Barbara harbor and the smoke from the Montecito wild fire.

We went to the bait receiver to buy some bait, but they had no bait to sell because a Seal had chewed a whole in their net the night before and ate all the bait. No worries, we metered a ton of bait out near the pier and put about 60 mini-macs, sardines and smelt in the bait tank in less than 10 minutes.

Yen with a typical bait haul.

Another nice haul of bait.

Jason and Yen.

Jason and nice Brown Rockfish.

Another tasty Chocolate Bass.

Yen with a nice Brownie.

We also caught some nice Kelp Rockfish.

Here’s a picture of some of the limit of SWR that we caught. Yummy fish taco meat right there…sweeet!

We drifted for Halibut near the harbor until the sun went down.

Although we didn’t catch any Halibut, we still had a very relaxing and fun day fishing the beautiful Santa Barbara coast line, can’t wait to do it again. HOOK-UP!!

Till next tide,

that sunset shot is awesome. excellent job as always Vince.

i love a choco taco. you guys killed it.

Some people fish on the pier all night and catch less than Yen did in one haul.

Way to go on the groundfish slayfest.

Wow! Now that's a lot of Brownies nice job guys!

Hi Red Drum,

Way to go on the fishys ...... special rubber award w/crossed fins for the plastics-fish !! As usual great detail in report and fantastic pics. Chewed !? I heard seals are now carrying Barlows and dikes !!

Thanks,

JapanRon

When you say your gonna target chocolates, your not kidding! Like the "protect the spot" graphics. Did good at the lake this weekend. And nice weather to boot! Mikey

thanks for the report. nice healthy rockfish you guys got!

Thanks for the pics and report nice looking fish.Those macks are perfect size was the bait guy open every time i am up there it is hit or miss on bait.

Bigred

Nice looking fishies, Congrats Gentlemen.
    Great Report

NG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast