Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Thresher Sunday

Default Thresher Sunday

Headed out of Newport this morning about 7:00 in search of a thresher. Picked up a few frozen macs at the gas station, just in case. As we clear the breakwall we see a bunch of birds working a small area and head over to check it out. Fresh macs... loaded up a few in the bait tank and headed south. Dropped the BOM's with fresh macs little past Laguna. Within five minutes we get slammed. Took a couple hours to get her in. Snapped a few shots and off she went.

SICK!!!

wow !have more pix ? :shock:

I waiting on more pix from my friend but that could take months. I do have this video of the release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klMmWK79-_8

Threasher Shark steaks, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Default Nice Release

Congrats on the thresher, Nice to see one released, The slaughter of these threshers is getting worse every year. Dont get me wrong im no tree hugger but sharks dont breed like fish, they have just a few pups a year. Hope they can with stand the annual slaughter in there breeding grounds.

Nice fish! Looks like the thresher is getting his tail ready to whack you upside the head!

Yikes! :shock: Congrats.

Default Re: Nice Release

Quote Originally Posted by Doe
    Congrats on the thresher, Nice to see one released, The slaughter of these threshers is getting worse every year. Dont get me wrong im no tree hugger but sharks dont breed like fish, they have just a few pups a year. Hope they can with stand the annual slaughter in there breeding grounds.
    i agree man....i'm no Al Gore follower either & thats a cool creature that the ocean should have around...i mean if people keep'em no big deal but i think discresion is advised..like i always say save a tree wipe your ***** with an owl...j/k

good job on the fish...i hope i can catch one someday