Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2008 is over! 11/15/08

Default Trout

THE EASTERN SEIRRA ISNT OVER YET,AND IT KEEPS GOING GOOD RIGHT THREW THE FALL AND WINTER,THE PVR AND THE OWENS ALMOST ALL THE WAY TO LONE PINE CAN PRODUCE ALOT OF QUALITY TROUT ,,,HERES JUST A COUPLE OF THE HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS ME AND THE BROWNIE MAN C AND R'D,,,,,,

I first want to say sorry I havent posted many reports ! But this fall has been one of my
    best two trips to the sierras.In october My brother and friends hit up saddlebag lake and I got my first Grand Slam ,A BROWN,RAINBOW AND BROOK then hked up to a lake and got 2 goldens.We had so much fun we went back up in the 1st weekend in Nov We stayed in Bishop Sat went to the upper owens and got my pb brown @ 23" on my new fly rod ,Backed it up Sunday with an 18" Brown.I know you want picts but all I had 1st Time was a dispossible and picts turned out like crap, and at the owens I even left my phone at the hotel. Beleive me after that trip and that brownie #1 on xmas is a digital.sorry for not posting sooner and will start posting more often.

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    What is that stuff dripping from that trouts tail? It looks like you gave it a Fin Job. Silicone augmentation!!!
    It was the least I could do for letting me catch him. We gotta take care of our fish.

Over?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmybQKpmTw&feature=related

The best part about the 2008 season for me personally was sharing it with my daughter for the first time...not once, but twice!

Our 2nd trip yielded here first two brownies ever, of course released

This one was her first and came out of Silver Lake

This one came from South Lake

Good times....

TD

I only made 1 short trip to Bishop this year. Fished South lake , Owens River. My first time in that area. Next year I wlll make more trips for sure.

2008 season is over.

Highlight of the Sierra season for me was the Team 57 Sierra Trip! The horse ride above South Lake was fun: High altitude, cold beer.....dizzy fishy times.

OFG taking a break after spending a few hours taming "Clyde"

Looking forward to next year's trip!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123