Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 is over! 11/15/08

can`t wait till next year to return to rock creek lake and hopefully catch another trout like this, but even if I don`t I know I`ll still have a great time just being in the sierras.

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June lake 08 021.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	8631  

heres my dad and mine where we caught 2 nice cutties from june lake!!! one on a inflated crawler and my dads on chunky cheese!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00333.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	8632  

Met a lot of cool people this year on FNN and visited a lot of cool places. Only made two trips to the Sierras but they were awesome! Got back in to backpacking after a 10-15 year break and saw some of the most amazing trout thriving in their wild habitats of the Sierra backcountry that I have ever seen.

Not to mention all the fun I had down here in Socal.

I cannot wait to see where next year in the Sierras takes me!
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 11-16-2008 at 07:44 AM.

Default May 18-21

The best 4 days of the year. Had 3 trips planned only made the first one.

A 2.5lb rainbow caught a Twin lakes (Bridgeport)

a 2lb brown caught at Gull Lake

Can't wait til next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fish View Post
    Over? What do you mean over? There are still plenty of places to fish the sierras till next spring.
    Ding ding ding What do we have for her Johnny! NO doubt, But it's good that others don't know this I guess. More fish for us

Quote Originally Posted by MAN VS WILD View Post
    What is that stuff dripping from that trouts tail? It looks like you gave it a Fin Job. Silicone augmentation!!!

fin job

I fished Grant Lake 11/14 and 11/15 for one last shot at a big Brown. I caught 5 Browns from 16 to 20 inches, and about 10 Rainbows that I kept. All the Bows were fat and had red meat. I'm glad I had the chance to hit it on the last day of fishing. Fished PVR on on the way home yesterday, caught lots of pan sized Bows just down the from the Dam. Fun trip with perfect weather, no wind at all. The Owens River flows are perfect right now. I
    m going back up the 1st of December to fish the river and PVR. Good fishin!

Default Hey --- sierrraslam and others

I'm new to the No Cal and Sierras. How far do you have to walk when fishing PVR? And do you take the turnoff thats just a little ways up the Sherwin Grade on the East side of the two highways?

Were you in a boat on Grant ... or off the shore? I've had some good luck with NC's for browns and rainbow or lime & lemon twist ... how about you?

Man, you had some GREAT fishin ... and hit two great spots. Betcha Grant and the drive home were purdy!?

It was a June trip, and an October trip for me. No fish-on-the-stringer pictures from me though. Not there was no fish, just didn't snap any fish pics.

What a great place to have! Being able to get out of the So Cal zoo for a while helps. One memory for this year is of the October trip to Convict; and driving up the hill to the lake I encountered the "welcoming committee." A group of deer hopping across Convict Lake Rd. We all stopped and watched and let them go by.

I urge all to keep it clean up there. I keep in mind that there are others who visit the area who don't fish. [Those darn fishermen, make such a mess of the place]. I clean up after myself and pack it out.

Best of luck next year!!
    Last edited by J-hook; 11-17-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast