Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 is over! 11/15/08

Default 2008 is over! 11/15/08

Man it went by quick!

Well, another season is officially in the books come 12:00am tonight. For some, 2008 was a good season. For others, it was a GREAT season. I personally made 4 trips up there and all were spectacular. Especially the last time I made it up there about a month ago. I fished North Lake and Bishop Creek (north fork) and caught 7 Alpers in one day ranging from 2 to 4 lbs. It was a great way to wind down another epic season in the sierras.

Now lets take a look back and have you post your best moment this season. Whether you have a nice pic to post or just a couple sentences, tell us about your most memorable moment of the 2008 Eastern Sierra Trout Season.

All we got to do now is wait for the last Saturday of April 2009! It'll come a lot sooner than you might think!

Tight Lines!

- FreshAndSalt

there's still open water up there and on the right winter day, bright sun, you can still scratch the itch to fish. Also a drift trip on the lower owens with Tom Loe of Sierradrifters can put you on 50 fish a day smack in the middle of winter. Great areas up there.

2nd weekend of the opener at Kirman. A bunch of 20+ inch Cutts.

Default Kirman?

Kirman what? Where?

Found this:

http://www.kenssport.com/default.aspx?p=9
    Last edited by billy b; 11-15-2008 at 04:05 PM.

That would be me.

For me it was taking my first backpack trip into the eastern Sierra's, catching my first brook trout, going to Carson City to visit my aging grandpa and dad, and doing the fly thing as a newbie all on the same trip and all alone. This was a year that I'll never forget, and which will inspire me well into the future.

Here's to solo backpack trips! (although having company is nice)

My 12th year of retirement and I had 11 trips, 65 days of tent camping/fishing and I can't believe the season is over. Had great fishing on the Upper Owens, caught alot of fish but never caught any big ones likes years past.

Now I will concentrate on 6-10 days a month on the Lower Owens for Fall and Winter fishing..

Default 08

Looking back at our annual trip in SEP08 and laying my eyes on Lake Sabrina for the very first time, I thank the Good Lord for creating such beauty for us to enjoy...

Default bridgeport

wfo reservoir oct 17 2008
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bridgeport oct 2008 014.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	8630  
    Last edited by getthenet; 11-15-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Over? What do you mean over? There are still plenty of places to fish the sierras till next spring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast