Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Clams

Default Clams

Yup....King chuck and ATfish

where was this caught?

NICE!!! Thinking 'bout claming...Is it open year around? And where can I phurchase one of those sick ***** pitch forks?

LOOKS LIKE PISMOS to me , As I was planning on going to Ventura co. tomarrow for my first Pismo clam dive of the year but the 3-5 ft. surf will make me wait till next week or so . Good going .// db

Nice going. Thanks for the post.

YUMMMmmm.. Dinner looks tasty for the next few days!

How do you clam? Where can I go around the LA area for those or is that not even possible? Just wondering... thanks

oh man that loooooks gooooood
    nice job and thanks for the pix

Quote Originally Posted by fisherbabe View Post
    How do you clam?
    hopefully they are already clean or you may need a few extra steps
    ...once they are open just take your time and savor the experience

i have more top secret special techniques.....i let ya in on a few of them sometime

dynamo hum dynamo hum

G$

Pismo Beach is where most clammers go, cause it's just all around the beach out there...whereever the sand is wet, just start diggin in with your toes...it also helps if you see air bubbles in the sand...then you know there's something there. I've found some large clams in Santa Monica beach too...but wonder how clean they are. At Pismo, you can find them pretty close to shore...in Santa Monica, I was in neck/chest deep water digging in the sand with my feet to find clams. One important thing is...go and get a permit for clamming and make sure the ones you keep are legal size.