Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money, Money, Money

Default Money, Money, Money

Hi guys,

Anybody on MDR's New Del Mar today? Please make a report if you did! The NDM did a half-day run and was reported as packing in 95 anglers!! That is a large boat but c'mon ........

Way to pack 'em in guys! :lol: :lol:

JapanRon

That's why they are call cattle boats........ Round them up.........&#4 6;. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

there is no way. maybe a typo. that would be too much of a liability to risk having that many people on one boat

Quote Originally Posted by rusty6
    there is no way. maybe a typo. that would be too much of a liability to risk having that many people on one boat
    Could be true. If I'm not mistaken, on the Freelance capacity is 99 people.......

Hi rusty6,

As fish4keep said ... one example is the Freelance. The Victory and a bunch of other boats are certified for 90+. I'm sure the NDM is certified for 100 and change .... honest.

I tried to check the NOAA vessel registry site but it is slow right now so couldn't confirm exact number.

I hope no FNNers go on a trip that is over-loaded and done so 'on a regular basis'. The landings know when they are booking too many and then expext walk-ins and could get another boat. Some of them JUST DON'T CARE about the angler's experience. Up their greedy you-know-whats !! :shock:

JapanRon

from what i understand is they combine the total number people on am/pm trips into one report. But Ive been on that boat with 80+ people, so it might be true.

Hey, the Dana Pride is 95' and can hold 100.

the new del mar holds that many anglers but in 2 trips...the report is for 2 trips one at 7:30 and one at 12:30. i was on yesterday for the twilight.

pack em in boys yee haaa!

T>G> I have my own boat :wink:

Hey Japanron,

I was out on the redondo special with a few friend and noticed the New Del Mar was pretty packed. There had to be at least 50-60 people on the boat. I will scroll thru my pics to see if I got one of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast