Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newport Tubin

Default Newport Tubin

Met up with Sonarbp at newport, was my first time tubin. We paddled over to the anchored boats and started tossing swimmies, jerk shads.

Landed my first tube fish, a nice spottie.

Brian had the hotstick of the day

Dinky bass

baby butt

I landed one more sandy

The jerkshad was the go to bait today. I lost about 7 fish, which sucked. YFC were flying every where. Never seen so many airborne fish in my life. At one point I was going to bust out the net and just catch them :lol: . Was a great first outing, and looking to many more. Thanks again Brian for lettin me use the fins.

awesome report man...i was extremely close to tagging along, but i got off work at 1AM last night and had to work at 3pm on saturday...maybe next time i wont have such a busy schedule and hopefully tube the bay.

nice report congrats on beating the tube skunk.

hey cappo great going on your first tube fish.. did u get the hotspots fins or the other way??

I still dont have fins, I borrowed some from sonarbp

I've already spent too much on tube stuff, might get a cheap pair at big 5 or so.

Ya the tubing gear costs start to add up quickly. But if you buy all the good stuff the first time...no need to upgrade later...that's the way I looked at it.

Hey cappo,

It was great meeting you Sat in Newport. Sorry it was kinda slow!!!! I think all the fishies went and hid cause of the Plastic Navy tourney going on!!!!!

Glad we both beat the :skunk: !!! Next time I think we should launch further back in the bay.....I know a few great spots for quality spotties!!!

Let me know when you want to get back out and tube!!!!

sonarbp

Hey cappo,

Forgot to ask how the legs feel after a day of kicking the bay? We need to get back out on the water soon!!! Maybe somewhere in your neck of the woods!!!

sonarbp

Havent been able to post from work :evil:

The legs were fine, but the rest of me was dead tired.

It was great fishin with ya, let me know when the next outing is. I think I have a trip planned in 2 weeks that you might be interested in. I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by cappo
    let me know when the next outing is. I think I have a trip planned in 2 weeks that you might be interested in. I will let you know.
    I am always up to fish!!!! Just let me know when and where and I will be there!

Didn't mean for that to ryhme!!

Brian

You guys should bring along a bungie cord or a short length of rope to tie up to bouys or docks. This will let your legs rest and also allow you to fish in a good spot without getting moved out of position by the current. I use a long rubber bungie that has rubber coated hooks on each end so I can just quickly hook it to a dock mooring cleat or the top of a bouy. This is really a must have item when bay fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast