Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Survivorman in the Sierra Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
    Les > Bear.
    You're outta your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish2 View Post
    You're outta your mind
    Negative Ghostrider. Les teaches SURVIVAL skills. Skills the common man might be able to put into practice someday. Skill that might keep you alive for a week in unfriendly territory. Bear teaches you how to put your life in danger and get out of it. Unrealistic as hell as far as the common viewer / outdoorsman is concerned. Plus he has a fawkin camera crew with him at all times. While he is arguably gnarlier than Les as far as his military backround goes, I would rather be lost in the wilderness with Les at my side than Bear. Plus im not much for staying in Hotels.

I would like to present this into evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qyKyWaNEQ

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish2 View Post
    A: You have no idea if Les has people around him helping film that. There have been multiple shots where there's NO WAY he could have filmed it. It doesn't say when he's officially alone and not..there's a reason for that.

B: Les does not always catch food, most of the time he ends up eating plants and bugs why? Because he knows his rescue team is coming. You can survive longer than 7 days without food, but not without water. Notice when he was in the Moab region of Utah, they put him there in the winter when there is ice and snow patches everywhere. Don't put him out there in the summer when Bear Grylls was there.. why? Because he wouldn't be able to survive that's why

C: Bear Grylls doesn't need to be rescued because he finds his way out,.. Les tried this one time to make it out of a location and look what happens... He needs a helicopter and search and rescue to look for him. what a joke.. Bear Grylls never needed search and rescue to find him.. never. He's made it out of every situation he's been in and he's still filming shows

LOL

A) Every episode it shows Les walking away, then walking back to the camera, then replacing it again for another angle. Many times.

B) Eating plants and bugs is a sure thing when it comes to survival, pound for pound more protein than meat. I have taken survival during hunters safety yeare ago, things they teach you. Bear Gryllis is full of ****, hard not to survive with a whole camera crew around.

C) Bear Gryllis doesnt need to be found, he is with a crew with cell and sat phones. Figure that one out.

I have seen both, and I know that Les is doing more for showing the how-to survive. Hell I learned the thing about the conifers for food and warmth. Looking at the side of the trees for moss and using it work kindling. Not drinking the water unless its boiled. All the things Les confirms.

And, too, like Bear, I have enjoyed a hotel whiel in teh Sierras.

HMM

I think we need to just throw them both on SCI and see who lasts the longest.

Bigred

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer05 View Post
    Bear is cheesy yes...BUT he was in the special forces and is pretty sav. The whole show is for entertainment not a reality show. that being said id rather watch bear than that goofy other guy anyday.
    Correction, he was in the Foreign Legion, which is far from special forces.

Mossad, Seal Teams, Rangers, Marine Scouts, GSG9, etc. etc are special forces.

Foreign Legion is a cut above the UN.

HMM

Wow, I stand corrected on Gryllis' background. Although I DO know he is in the Foreign Legion.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345