Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivorman in the Sierra Nevada

Default Survivorman in the Sierra Nevada

Just incase you haven't heard, Survivorman is gonna be displaying his survivor skills in the Sierra Nevada this week. I think it would be a good idea to watch this episode if your a person that's visits the Eastern Sierras yearly. For Dish Network customers, the episode airs on Friday @ 6pm p.t. and then again a few hours after that on the Discovery Channel(182). I heard that Les gets lost in the sierras and a rescue team has to look for him. Just wanted to share this info with my fellow Eastern Sierra Anglers.

Eastern Sierra Fishing Rules!

Survivorman gets lost?! Sounds like this could be his best episode yet. I'll be anxious to see what area he's in.

hhaha itd be funny if we saw him out there when we me and tj were there lol that would be unexpected

Les FTW.
    Bear is cheesy. I dunno where they dug that guy up
    He tells you things that would put you into more dangerous situations.
    IE "climb down this 100 foot cliff between the tree and the rocks. Shimmy up this gorge like a jungle gym, jump off this waterfall too..."
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 11-03-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Les FTW.
    Bear is cheesy. I dunno where they dug that guy up
    He tells you things that would put you into more dangerous situations.
    IE "climb down this 100 foot cliff between the tree and the rocks. Shimmy up this gorge like a jungle gym, jump off this waterfall too..."
    The Bear episode that 'ruined' his show was the same one he did in the Eastern Sierras.

It was HILARIOUS when natives of the Sierras called him out on how impossible that segment would have been to film if he had traversed the paths he said he had. 6 months before the scandal about Bear's show being staged, it was already being talked about immediately after the Sierra episode.

My favorite was when Bear tried to 'ride the wild horse,' when in fact, the horse had been a prop all along.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    My favorite was when Bear tried to 'ride the wild horse,' when in fact, the horse had been a prop all along.
    Oh man I know! while watching that I knew the whole shpeal was a setup. My mom was avidly into show riding and I know nothing about horses but could call it miles away.

I would go as far as to say some of the things bear has said to do may get you into more trouble than you were to begin with.

The one where he was in the desert or Africa or something for like a few hours and drinking his pee on the first day was pretty upsetting as well. He wasn't in a survival situation just yet, the way I saw it.

I like how at least Les shows you what goes on behind the scenes and actually has local guides from the areas give him his relayed info.

in that episode when bear's at that river anyone know which river that is? doesnt look like any river i know of in the sierras, maybe more nor cal or oregon....?

survivorman >>>>>>>>> mvw

They should call these shows
    "What will bonehead do next for money?"

I know! Let's drop them in the earths core and see if they make it back.
    We'll even raise the beef to a million and throw in some survivor actors to make it interesting.

wait, wait, wait, let me take a leak all over my T shirt and then wrap it around my head...

I can't believe you guys like Les Stroud.. that dude is the biggest douchebag on television. I know it's not the greatest thing in the world for Bear to get caught in a motel, but when it comes down to it Bear could out survive Les any day. Les' show is just as fake, and nobody can tell me different. Les has people that actually know to survive show him how to live in each senario they shoot an episode in. Les NEVER catches food... never. All he has to do is stand around on a beach for a few days and wait until he's rescued. How's that survival? Survival is living with the uncertainty that you'll be rescued. Bear Grylls with or without that hotel incident is still leaps and bounds better at surviving than Les Stroud. Need more proof? How is it that Bear Grylls went to the sierra nevada too but DIDN'T NEED TO BE RESCUED and Les Stroud gets lost and then needs search and rescue to find him. Ppsshhhh...hahaha If nothing else. Les Stroud's show is worth watching for the comedy value. Funny that people think he's a survivalist though.
    Last edited by Badfish2; 11-03-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast