Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E. Sierras w/ Matt D, Ron and SR. 10/27-30 (tons of pics)

Great report and pics as usual, TJ. Those goldens are beauties!

awesome report, great pics. would love to catch a golden those are beautiful fish. that looked like a long hike but well worth it. hope we have a good winter so next years conditions will be good. once again awesome job guys.

bill

Great report and pics. What chain of lakes was that ?

That one picture with the s style river cutting through that grassy area was awesome. I have a lot of respect for you guys carrying all that gear up there... it's not an easy thing to do. You picked a perfect time to head up, unfortunately I think my trip up next weekend won't be so warm

Best report I've read in awhile! So jealous.... I gotta plan one like that sometime soon. Thanks for a great post!

cant forget this pic! i love it! took it in the moring before we started the long walk down

Some of the most brilliant goldens I've seen. Really pretty.

Nice job fellas.

Next time you guys go, stay a night at the campground at the trailhead to get used to the elavation. I did that on my trip this year and had not even a hint of altitude sickness. One nights stay is free to backpackers at that campground and if you bring your own wood you can have a fire too.

Quote Originally Posted by mth1997 View Post
    Nice job fellas.

Next time you guys go, stay a night at the campground at the trailhead to get used to the elavation. I did that on my trip this year and had not even a hint of altitude sickness. One nights stay is free to backpackers at that campground and if you bring your own wood you can have a fire too.
    Yes I read about being able to stay at the trailhead the first night of your permit dates. I was concerned about making it up there in time to fish for a few hours and get back out though as I knew the storm was approaching Thursday night. I actually pushed Matt to get there a day early so we would have a chance at it in case the weather did go south. If we would have got there on the projected dates, it would have already been too late.

I have never had a problem at elevation. When I was younger it used to get my uncle and he'd be puking the first day every time. I guess staying the night at the Owens at 4,000ft wasn't quite enough for you guys. I thought about the trailhead camp but we'd have had to come back down for supplies before we went back up again too.

Next time, I'll take it into more consideration.. for sure. Matt did get a bit wobbly there for a second.

absolutley a great report , It reminds me of my younger , years ago fishing up in the back country of the Sierras . During the summer months I would pack in a 1 man raft and fish the deep water during the day with worms , ha GREAT PICS // db

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast