Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E. Sierras w/ Matt D, Ron and SR. 10/27-30 (tons of pics)

you didnt get your brookie.. bummer

lol ya those brookies were spookie fish except that last one chillin in 4 inches of water in the pic lol the goldens we awesome though fought hard for there size! tasted good to! ssshhhhhh hahaha j/p or am i? haha

Awesome report TJ, what a great adventure to share with your buddys. Your friends pack looked like mine when we hiked in Yosemite....good stuff, thanks for the pics and detailed info.

TD

Man tacklejunkie you get around. Looks like a great time out there. Hopefully next year I get my shot at one of them goldies. Thanks for another report.

Solid work for so late in the season. I hope my August trip report helped you out. You should go back in the summer when the water levels are higher and the night time temps are a lot warmer. It really makes sipping whiskey and drinking beer much better. The next time I am up in that area I'll be skiing. Good work.

notice the water levels. August 15th 2008.

Last edited by mammothfishin; 11-04-2008 at 01:09 AM.

yeah all the lakes are down by this time of year.. evaporation is crazy in the sierra.. can take away up to a foot of snow a day and drop some lakes an inch a day.

Quote Originally Posted by mammothfishin View Post
    Solid work for so late in the season. I hope my August trip report helped you out.

notice the water levels. August 15th 2008.
    Indeed, your report was sort of my jump start back in to backpacking I think. Been too long for sure. Thanks a million for the inspiration. I'm sure it will lead me to some amazing places.

you didnt get your brookie.. bummer
    Didn't get a golden either! But I got bit by both, and there's always next season. ;)
    It was nice to know the goldens and brookies hit my home tied custom stimulator fly. I catch trout everywhere on that fly! All year long.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 11-04-2008 at 09:39 AM.

Awsome photos TJ. Sounds like you guys had a great trip.

thanks for the picts. man i wana go fishing so bad

those are some sweet pics looks like a trip to remember.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234