Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: squid report and dick captain report

Well Newport do make it a mandatory to have your squirts cleaned based on two different reports. That just plain sucks. Hopefully the landing is letting everyone know that before they board. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Default posted rules for squid on web site

Newport Landing just added the rules on cleaning squids.
    If you want go to this http://www.newportlanding.com/fishcount.htm and see it yourself.
    I hope they have similar rules posted at the landing too.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

just a shot in the dark here, in newports defense as far as you having to get them cleaned, the residents down there have been complaing of noise from fisherman walking down the res street to their cars, they want to shut down at least the twilight runs down there.....maybe the residents have something to do with the squid cleaing thing too...you know, dragging 200 lbs of nasty, inky giant squid to your car through the streets of newport would make a MESS....i wouldnt be surprised if the actual city has something to do with that...anyways, just a thought..peace

omg LMFAO...after i posted the above, i THEN read the post with the link on it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bones
    Call me strange but.......Squid don't even fight. They are like pulling up dead weight. As far as eating them......I don't like calamari. It has no flavor and gets tough when you cook it. I don't even see the attraction to targeting them. Sorry about your bad experience :(
    Come on BONES, you know you want to SLAY SLAY SLAY, KILL KILL KILL, CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP, the inky DEVILS!!!

I really like the tentacles with the little suction cups on em. They're tasty!

One_Leg

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    Quote Originally Posted by bones
    Call me strange but.......Squid don't even fight. They are like pulling up dead weight. As far as eating them......I don't like calamari. It has no flavor and gets tough when you cook it. I don't even see the attraction to targeting them. Sorry about your bad experience :(
    Come on BONES, you know you want to SLAY SLAY SLAY, KILL KILL KILL, CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP, the inky DEVILS!!!

I really like the testicles with the little suction cups on em. They're tasty!

One_Leg

wtf

Oh Oh, Now Hitts0n is committing Post Fraud!!!

I had a feeling someone like you would resort to such tactics.
    :wink:
    Read my post to see what I really said.

One_Leg

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    Oh Oh, Now Hitts0n is committing Post Fraud!!!

I had a feeling someone like you would resort to such tactics.
    :wink:
    Read my post to see what I really said.

One_Leg
    lma0!

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad
    just a shot in the dark here, in newports defense as far as you having to get them cleaned, the residents down there have been complaing of noise from fisherman walking down the res street to their cars, they want to shut down at least the twilight runs down there.....maybe the residents have something to do with the squid cleaing thing too...you know, dragging 200 lbs of nasty, inky giant squid to your car through the streets of newport would make a MESS....i wouldnt be surprised if the actual city has something to do with that...anyways, just a thought..peace
    I think you're onto something. :appl:

The fact is, when the fishermen arrive on our streets at 4 or 5 in the morning, talking & laughing like it's noon and dragging their tackle boxes & stuff across the beds of their trucks, filling ice chests & whatnot, it is pretty annoying. My guess is anybody would get pissed off if a car full of noisy folks got out in front their house & acted like that. Am I wrong? :wink:
    As for the squids, you are right again. Nobody should have to go out & clean-up somebody else's slimy mess. I can relate to all this because I live about a hundred feet from Newport Landing.
    As for the cleaning charge, I think it's too steep and wtf took them so long to post the price? (sorry Norris)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast