Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: squid report and dick captain report

Default squid report and dick captain report

Fish with Newport landing on the twilight, fishing was good pick off around 10 squid, bit was on and off the entire night.

When we were squiding we saw Davies lockers boat out and it was packed compared to ours. I couldn’t understand why, but I figured it out later.

The captain was a dick and was incompetent. He says over the intercom, you can drop them guys, so we did. Then he starts reversing the boat and as you can imagine several guys squid jigs get caught up in the propeller and the squid jigs go bye bye.

When we were heading back and stopped at a spot some guy goes and starts fishing and decides to pick up the net to get some bait from the bait tank and the captain starts yelling HEY! HEY!! The guy looks up and the captain says, is this your boat. So the guy sets the net down.

Then later the dick captain goes pick up a spinning rod and try’s to flyline a bait and he can even cast for ****. And he starts mumbling that I hate spinning reels. I overhear some other guys say that the captain was drunk and that he doesn’t know his head from his *** and he can’t fish for ****.

I thought we paid to go fishing, if there are no bait fish should some one put bait fish so we can all fish. The captain on the Newport landing is a dick and incompetent.

In addition the report is false. There were only about 12 people and no where near 200 squid, maybe around 150.

Nautilus 1/2 Day Twilight 17 266 Giant Squid

If you decide to go squiding the decks hand charge $4.00 to clean each squid and if you decide to take it off the boat whole you can forget, because they will not allow it.

TAKE MY ADVICE, DO NOT GO ON NEWPORT LANDING, GO TO DAVIES FOR ANY FISHING PERIOD.

THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST TIME OFF THAT PIECE OF **** LANDING.

Default Re: squid report and dick captain report

Quote Originally Posted by FishingOC
    Fish with Newport landing on the twilight, fishing was good pick off around 10 squid, bit was on and off the entire night.

When we were squiding we saw Davies lockers boat out and it was packed compared to ours. I couldn’t understand why, but I figured it out later.

The captain was a dick and was incompetent. He says over the intercom, you can drop them guys, so we did. Then he starts reversing the boat and as you can imagine several guys squid jigs get caught up in the propeller and the squid jigs go bye bye.

When we were heading back and stopped at a spot some guy goes and starts fishing and decides to pick up the net to get some bait from the bait tank and the captain starts yelling HEY! HEY!! The guy looks up and the captain says, is this your boat. So the guy sets the net down.

Then later the dick captain goes pick up a spinning rod and try’s to flyline a bait and he can even cast for ****. And he starts mumbling that I hate spinning reels. I overhear some other guys say that the captain was drunk and that he doesn’t know his head from his *** and he can’t fish for ****.

I thought we paid to go fishing, if there are no bait fish should some one put bait fish so we can all fish. The captain on the Newport landing is a dick and incompetent.

In addition the report is false. There were only about 12 people and no where near 200 squid, maybe around 150.

Nautilus 1/2 Day Twilight 17 266 Giant Squid

If you decide to go squiding the decks hand charge $4.00 to clean each squid and if you decide to take it off the boat whole you can forget, because they will not allow it.

TAKE MY ADVICE, DO NOT GO ON NEWPORT LANDING, GO TO DAVIES FOR ANY FISHING PERIOD.

THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST TIME OFF THAT PIECE OF **** LANDING.
    Yo thats messed up wont let u even fish . Even more messed up wtf u cant bring ur catch home without cleaning that messed up. Thanx for the heads up to avoid that boat

I wasn't there so I can't say for sure but this is just my :2cents: . And in no way is defending the captn.

I don't think a captn will jeapordize his license by being drunk while on the job. Especially while operating a boat. (I could be wrong) Also if the captn don't know how to fish, what's he doing being captn on a cattle boat. I'm pretty sure he has to start a decky before getting his captn license.

Yes, they should've put some bait out but if you fishing for squid what are you doing fishing with bait??? I could only see using bait while waiting outside the harbor while they are cleaning the squirts.

Also I don't think they could stop you from not wanting to get your squirts clean. That's up to you if you want it clean or not. This is the first if it's true.

Atleast you got some calamari........&# 46;.... 8) 8) 8)

I forgot to tell you guys, they will charge you $250 for a gunny sack, if you bring one they will exchange it for the ones they have.

**** Newport landing, i hope no one goes on their boat. screw them.

I forgot to tell you guys, they will charge you $250 for a gunny sack, if you bring one they will exchange it for the ones they have.

**** Newport landing, i hope no one goes on their boat. screw them.

250 bucks now i dont believe that

Maybe he meant $2.50 :lol: :lol:

yes $2.50, i forgot the decimal.

Did i remember to say **** newport landing....If i forgot to mention, i'll say it again.

**** newport landing sport fishing.

two words....Man Overboard!!!!

Did i remember to say **** newport landing....If i forgot to mention, i'll say it again.

thats crap 2.50 for a sack all the other landings have them for a buck . And all boats ive been on let me bring my own sack

Quote Originally Posted by hakaveli

thats crap 2.50 for a sack all the other landings have them for a buck . And all boats ive been on let me bring my own sack
    Seriously? They charge you for the gunny sack at most landings? Do they tell you this upfront, or do you pay em when you get your fish cleaned? When I went out of Port Hueneme, they didn't say anything about paying for our gunny sacks (they provided them). We did bring our own just in case, but they had them all lined up ready to go. Didn't mention a thing about em. Uh oh, I'm gonna feel really bad if it's one of those 'unspeakable' pay-for items :oops:

Sorry to hear about the horrible experience at Newport Landing :( Gosh, I've heard nothing but bad things about Davey's and Newport now starting with the "bogus counts" thread and now this :( I live closest to those and now I just have a bad perception of them. :( Guess I'll just have to go down to Ensenada every weekend :D :D :D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast