Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Marina Del Rey in the tub with Breeze71

Quote Originally Posted by breeze71 View Post
    Thanks for the fun night out Gary. We had a lot of laughs but it sucks we couldn't get the rod back!

The Calico was safely filleted and released on to the dinner table & it tasted just as good as those 12 inchers.

Hey GD, believe it or not it whispered your name just before it hit the ice chest.

Thanks for writing that little article Sinjin...maybe you can make a book out of it.
    That wasnt the calico, that was gary whispering GD in your ear after you two had that nice romantic calico bass dinner......

GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    That wasnt the calico, that was gary whispering GD in your ear after you two had that nice romantic calico bass dinner......

GD
    Naaa...i'm pretty sure it was the Calico because it also asked me to let you know what a great idea it was of you to do that free coat tail marketing scheme... "Bad babes!"

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    I cant believe you killed that calico.....

GD
    You all GOTTA be kidding...every last one of you....don't even start that bleeding heart crap about releasing all fish, there's hundreds of thousands of calicos out there, they breed just fine, sure it may take a while to get big, I'm not denying that but this is the ocean, an open....WIDE OPEN enviroment where fish flourish or they do not...eat or get eatin...this is the chain of life to all patrons here...

THIS IS NOT A CLOSED ENVIROMENT SUCH AS A LAKE OR RIVER !!!!!!, THIS DOES NOT ENDANGER THE SPECIES SURVIVAL...NOR DOES IT KEEP A BROOD STOCK OF LARGE HEALTHY BREEDERS !

Lay off it man, Hiro's catch is great and the only thing I regret is that I couldn't have shared the fillets with him....ya cant apply these ideoligies to all species, I am 100% fully aware of certain species growth rates.

This fish was going to migrate anyway...most likely to some some commercial fishermans netting...most likely no one here in this area would ever see him again...

if you want to take up a cause, go after all the commercial fisheries, thats wheren the real impact is in the ocean, if you deny that then you've simply listened to someone elses BS about fishery impact....contrary to some beleifs, I've been fishing salt all my life, I'm no stranger to these things and I can tell you that on these coasts we fish here locally the Calico population is up in groves...I remember it from a child.

Get off it and let a brotha enjoy his catches..

Go ahead and spout growth rates to years and all that comes with it, show me the impact ratios from a person taking 1-15 big calicos a year and how it has dented the overall species..

Bullcrap...show me the stats !!! and stats from a reliable bioligist not that of an angler who seems to think that one species is just as suseptable as another....not accurate...nope..

If an angler chooses to release them it's all good but don't diss the person that chooses to keep them...

I can't beleive this forum sometimes....THIS IS THE OCEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll remind you again that thjis is the circle of life....man was put here on earth, fish are in the foodchain, unless one is endangering the species by taking them, theres nothing wrong with it...

Sorry people, I feel differently and I respect all fish and release thousands a year to survive for the next breed cycle and for others to enjoy.

Hmnn.....kinda makes ya think doesn't it !!!!

ease up on it, your all entitled to your thoughts but don't taint another anglers success..

Thats WEAK !!!!
    Gary
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 10-27-2008 at 06:33 PM.

remember when there were bluefin around catalina and even inside the channel...and white seabass were even up by san francisco....and log barracuda would come in close around piers.....

cuz i dont, all the older guys ate em for dinner......

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    remember when there were bluefin around catalina and even inside the channel...and white seabass were even up by san francisco....and log barracuda would come in close around piers.....

cuz i dont, all the older guys ate em for dinner......

LOL...nice! dont forget about the yellowtail from our local piers...I personally think everyone has the right to keep anything they want as long as it abides by the DFG Regs. I personally wouldnt kill a calico that size because of the slow growth rate and the fact that bigger calico produce more eggs than a 12" calico would.

"We need to be very careful with the Calico fishery, please practice catch and release as much as possible. Don't keep a whole 10 fish limit or any fish over 18". By keeping the full limit or larger size fish you are doing yourself and everyone else a great disservice. Since Calico's are very slow to grow they are susceptible to over-fishing. The big fish produce exponentially more eggs than smaller fish and therefore are the most important in producing a larger group of offspring each year. Please be responsible and spread the word about catch and release. If you are serious about catching a big Bass 10 years from now, you've got to be a conservationist. The average size of Bass has declined and will continue to decline if we do not take care of our fishery. I know I would like to catch a few over 10# and I would sacrifice keeping them now to catch more in the future."

Default ocean

WAY TO GO BREEZE AND FEELTHEPEEL,,,,YOU BOYS GOT THEM,,,,,,,t/o

"Slow to grow, so eat it slow!"

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    You all GOTTA be kidding...every last one of you....don't even start that bleeding heart crap about releasing all fish, there's hundreds of thousands of calicos out there, they breed just fine, sure it may take a while to get big, I'm not denying that but this is the ocean, an open....WIDE OPEN enviroment where fish flourish or they do not...eat or get eatin...this is the chain of life to all patrons here...

THIS IS NOT A CLOSED ENVIROMENT SUCH AS A LAKE OR RIVER !!!!!!, THIS DOES NOT ENDANGER THE SPECIES SURVIVAL...NOR DOES IT KEEP A BROOD STOCK OF LARGE HEALTHY BREEDERS !

Lay off it man, Hiro's catch is great and the only thing I regret is that I couldn't have shared the fillets with him....ya cant apply these ideoligies to all species, I am 100% fully aware of certain species growth rates.

This fish was going to migrate anyway...most likely to some some commercial fishermans netting...most likely no one here in this area would ever see him again...

if you want to take up a cause, go after all the commercial fisheries, thats wheren the real impact is in the ocean, if you deny that then you've simply listened to someone elses BS about fishery impact....contrary to some beleifs, I've been fishing salt all my life, I'm no stranger to these things and I can tell you that on these coasts we fish here locally the Calico population is up in groves...I remember it from a child.

Get off it and let a brotha enjoy his catches..

Go ahead and spout growth rates to years and all that comes with it, show me the impact ratios from a person taking 1-15 big calicos a year and how it has dented the overall species..

Bullcrap...show me the stats !!! and stats from a reliable bioligist not that of an angler who seems to think that one species is just as suseptable as another....not accurate...nope..

If an angler chooses to release them it's all good but don't diss the person that chooses to keep them...

I can't beleive this forum sometimes....THIS IS THE OCEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll remind you again that thjis is the circle of life....man was put here on earth, fish are in the foodchain, unless one is endangering the species by taking them, theres nothing wrong with it...

Sorry people, I feel differently and I respect all fish and release thousands a year to survive for the next breed cycle and for others to enjoy.

Hmnn.....kinda makes ya think doesn't it !!!!

ease up on it, your all entitled to your thoughts but don't taint another anglers success..

Thats WEAK !!!!
    Gary
    wow, way to justify a great catch and no release. how many black sea bass you do you catch a year ??? .... when they got the stats on them it was too late.oh wait uuuuhhhh they would be WRONG cuz it's a migratory fish...lol but the way you make it
    sound, the stats don't matter either way... I'm eating every largemouth I catch from now on.
    till i see some stats too.

KJ138)

maybe when they get some more time on the water and learn to respect these beautiful fish he will think twice.....

Wow, that's a big Calico. Eat Sand Bass, they taste better.
    Nice Flattie you got there Gary, sounds like a fun day.
    I have to get myself back out there soon... paging Flyngby... paging Flyngby... where are you Steve?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast