Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Hits the Surf in South OC. Sunday 10/26/08

I think you can mount a nice stand up rod rack on that back of that cool ride.

Thanks for the report.

Nice job Arthur! Another good outing. Like usual a fun read. I hope I get the chance to do some fishing with you sometime!

X

Thanks Wing and Anthony for the report and great pics!

The new car is just the right size for wingpug! No problem with the rods--all you need is to put them in the surf racks on the top and you're in business. The way you roll around California to fish you need the smart car's great gas mileage.

Didn't notice that you blurred out the background--are you trying to give away some good spots to surf?

Other posters would never do that without receiving "credit".

Oh, here's a halibut I once caught--and I'd like to give credit to the guy I met in Santa Barbara twenty-seven years ago who showed me how to hook a plastic grub, and my great grandfather who in 1958 showed me how to tie on a hook and....

P.S. enjoyed the seminar posting--at least someone has a sense of humor left out there...Did I mention I've caught a halibut or two in the surf before--maybe not

Hey Arthur.....

Our TEAM 57 spy camera caught "Crab Man" in his smart car
    digging for sand crabs last weekend in a spot we cannot disclose.... here he is leaving the scene.

I'll PM ya the location.

LOL! J/K BV!

Quote Originally Posted by CrabMan View Post

Didn't notice that you blurred out the background--are you trying to give away some good spots to surf?

Other posters would never do that without receiving "credit".
    Do you have any idea how many people view reports on FNN? Take into consideration the area size of some of these spots. Could you imagine completely revealing a spot during a smoking hot bite a few people worked hard to find?

I see no problem giving general information such as the name of the beach or the county in which the fishing took place? But imagine a report that is entitled "Newport or Long Beach" and posting pictures that completely reveals the spot (e.g. life guard tower #35, a well known building, pier, jetty etc...). I once made the mistake of revealing exact locations and immediately witnessed the increase of fishing pressure on these relatively small areas. I believe it all comes down to carefully giving enough information to allow viewers to know the general area in which the fishing took place but not giving specific information to lead them to an exact trough, jetty, life guard tower etc...

There are a lot of poachers out there and I will bet many of them log on to sites such as FNN to find the next spot to conduct their damage.

Oh, here's a halibut I once caught--and I'd like to give credit to the guy I met in Santa Barbara twenty-seven years ago who showed me how to hook a plastic grub, and my great grandfather who in 1958 showed me how to tie on a hook and....
    Correct me if I am wrong, but are you trying to "hint" to me that I got carried away by publicly criticizing you and the "your" surf fishing for halibut article that was published on Fish Taco Chronicles?

I will apologize for getting carried on this thread: http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=24135 and calling you a "poser" but I hope you can understand my disappointment and anger when someone such as yourself speaks on a subject with little or no experience and knowledge.

Many people who have attended your seminar mentioned to me that you expressed to your audience that you have very little or no experience with artificial presentations and declare yourself as a "bait fishing" type of guy.

So why is it that you decided to write a surf fishing for halibut article and mislead your audience with tips such as "the best time to fish for halibut is during a low tide, especially a minus tide?"

Bill Varney, I am not trying to become your enemy. If I had malicious intentions, why did I call you when you asked to be called?

If you have something you would like to suggest or say to me, don't relay your words through Wingnut's post (report). Be a man and direct your words to me publicly or privately.

I have never called myself the "best" surf fishermen. However, when it comes to the hardbait and dropshot techniques in the surf(especially for halibut), I will firmly say that these two techniques were shared and taught to the surf fishing community via my reports, articles, seminar and radio.

Am I the person who discovered these techniques in the surf? I don't know. But what I do know is that never before were these techniques mentioned in articles and reports prior to me sharing this information with the surf fishing community. However, in your article you mention such things as "The Lucky Craft Flash Minnow is the by far the best lure to use for halibut."

I frown on the above statement because I know you have very little or no experience in regards to halibut fishing and especially the hardbait technique, yet you wrote the article without mentioning of the person who is responsible for this new and successful technique. Perhaps you wanted the readers of the article to believe you are very knowledgeable in surf fishing for halibut. Who knows what your motivation was, but I believe credit should be given where credit is due.

Often times when I write, I give credit to those who have taught me a specific technique or a concept to surf fishing. Gentlemen such as Anthony Acevedo, Jeff Tesoro, Raymond Tak and others are always mentioned when I share information I learned through them and I always ask them for their approval before I share this information. It is a simple matter of courtesy.

P.S. enjoyed the seminar posting--at least someone has a sense of humor left out there...Did I mention I've caught a halibut or two in the surf before--maybe not
    I don't think catching a "halibut or two" qualifies a person to write an article on the how to's of surf fishing for halibut. You could have easily contacted me, asked for information for your article and I would have been more than willing to help. However, that was never the case.

Bill Varney, in case you missed my point, my point is this: in the future, if you decide to cover a topic/technique in which you have little or no experience, refer your material to proper person(s). You are an educated person and I am sure you know the meaning of plagiarism.

Moreover, if you have something to say about me or someone else, direct your words clearly and don't use petty analogies. I can read between the lines Bill and your message was received.
    Last edited by Sinjin Kim; 10-27-2008 at 08:19 PM.

mmmm

so i responded late.. but i had the right answer.. Can i have a LC FM WIngnut? =)

Nice job Art and Anthony looks like you guys had a blast thanks for the pics and report.

Bigred

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin Kim View Post

when it comes to the hardbait and dropshot techniques in the surf(especially for halibut), I will firmly say that these two techniques were shared and taught to the surf fishing community via my reports, articles, seminar and radio.

I wont get caught up in this drama for da mama's but the statement above.....come on dude.. ????

You gotta be kidding there....sorry but I'm not biting...

Sorry to jack the post Arthur..

Great catches....sweet action going on, I love consistent action whatever the species, size/origin,.

Congrats to all ya...and whats up Bones, I never see or hear from ya other than Aurthurs post...

Take care,
    Gary

great job out there!

The halibut species is going to start to evolve into a shorter species just to avoid you Way to go out there!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast