Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Hits the Surf in South OC. Sunday 10/26/08

Default S.W.A.T. Hits the Surf in South OC. Sunday 10/26/08

Made plans with my buddy Anthony (Anferny7) to head back to the South OC today after our successful surf assault there last weekend.

I will give a free Metallic Sardine LC to the first person who sends me a PM with the correct guess of what "S.W.A.T." stands for. Note: NOT the law enforcement meaning.

If I didn't already have plans to go surf fishing this morning, I would have been on the Love Ride today.
    Conditions were a little rougher than last Sunday. Incoming tide, washing machine conditions, water clarity fair, very little salad, hazy sunshine and got sunny & warm later in the morning. Fished with Anthony for the first two hours before he had to take off and then worked around the area by myself for a couple more hours. Nothing spectacular today, but we both did manage to get a couple of legal Butts. Anthony got a nice 23" legal, consecutive weeks that he nabbed himself a legal Hali. He also got a Barred Surf Perch. I got a barely 22" legal Butt, two short butts, three BSP's, two Smelts and a Sand Bass (all fish released). Just enough action to call it a semi-successful outing and worth posting a report.

I have to mention that I met some really cool people on the beach today. Joe & his friend was out there testing Berkley Gulp product for Bill Varney.
    Joe, congrats on the very nice legal Hali that you caught & released... looks to me it was about 24".
    A really cool surfer/surf fisherman that goes by "BT", I won't say what that stands for.
    Also, Jack & his dad fishing on the jetty, thanks for the bait tips. And Eddie and son... nice 28" Barracuda.

Another beautiful sunrise in the OC.

Surfers in the distance.

My short Hali on the new Horse Mackerel LC FM110.

Anthony's 23" legal Hali. You got a legal Butt streak going buddy, keep it up!

Another short Butt.

Wearing my S.W.A.T. shirt, dedicated to Mleegal, get well soon NG.

My only legal right before leaving, just barely 22". Had a definite legal popped off in the early morning grey light.

I had great time fishing with you again Anthony. Next time, it's your turn to drive up to my neck of the woods. Congrats again on another nice legal Halibut. Keep the streak alive!

Hope everybody else had a successful outing this weekend. Maybe I'll head back to the fresh next weekend unless the Halibut bite goes off.
    My sources keeps me well informed out there.

Have a fun & safe Halloween week!

Arthur (Wingnut)

"Things that comes to those who wait, may be the things left over by those who got there first."

Extras:
    "BT" He grabbed the surfboard instead of his surf rod this morning. Nice talking with ya bro.

Working the jetty with the Kroc. Got a couple BSP's and a small Sand Bass.

Everything in the OC is nice.

S.W.A.T. Gear

Holographic 5/8 Krocs, with Owners Tournament Trailers.

Tried out a couple of new LC's today. Caught the shorts on the Horse Mackerel pattern and the legal on the same Real Skin Shad that I was using last Sunday.

Parting shot.
    Wingpug "I like it, but where are you gonna put the fishing rods?!?... and humans are supposed to be the smart ones..."
    Last edited by Wingnut; 10-28-2008 at 11:37 AM.

you got me guessing on what SWAT stands for haha. as usual, nice report!

Four species day! Nice work Arthur!
    Gotta love Wingnut Pug's "Smart Car"..... looks just her size!

Dana

Sounds like a successful outing Wingnut. Glad to hear you guys got on some fish!

I'll be back in a week to tell you what I've come up with for the meaning of S.W.A.T. If you don't hear from me by then, send the S.W.A.T. team looking.

BTW, how does that puppy handle?

Default We have a winner... or winners!

Quote Originally Posted by aboos View Post
    you got me guessing on what SWAT stands for haha. as usual, nice report!
    Well Aboos, you were the first one to answer. PM time stamped at 10:40pm with "Salt Water Assault Team". Close, but incorrect.

The correct answer was sent via PM time stamped at 10:41pm by FishnScubaGuy with "Salt Water Attack Team."

But I will send you BOTH a Lucky Craft Metallic Sardine.
    PM me your mailing address and I will send it out this week.

Nice to see you got out there again, was wondering when you would have another report, and too bad I was late to see the post and off on the LC. Those are some nice Halis!!! I hope I do as well on tuesday.

phyl

Oh yeah, lovin those LC's! Stoked we found me a local Halibut spot I can consistently work. Thx again Wingnut for coming down into my hood, I'm looking forward to heading North soon!!

Default the surf

Hey art i love anthonys waders,,lol,,,

Awesome report, info and pics! Thanks a lot!

Dude! Even your Krocodile spoons are snazzy! (Please do me a favor and don't fish them in San Diego county, or the halibut will be spoiled and stop occasionally biting my plain old rusty Krocs.... )

Great report (as usual) Arthur! See you around!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast