Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spitfire with the BBFC Guys 10-26-08

Default Spitfire with the BBFC Guys 10-26-08

Got down to the landing at 4:40. Some folks were there early, but we were soon joined by all the Bad Boys Fishing Crew guys: Steve (Ghetto Dad), Greg (Gmoney), Jason (Osiito), Jason (Jaylpz), Victor (Victor101), Juan (Cappo), Mike (Hakavelli), Tim (Fishindude420), Gambino (Bassin Chef), Alan (One Leg), Art (Noho Art), Kap (Hawkeye), and Coach (DeanHall32). Also joining us was Ray (Ricky-Ray).

We loaded the boat and headed off to the receivers, and left the harbor in pitch black fog. We started trolling right away for the bonito, and not long after, we got a hookup! Unfortunately, the guy who was trolling was a little bit of an idiot, trolling 200 feet back, so the school never came. This occured once more, but we did have a spot for 2 or 3 bait and iron fish. JayLo farmed a bonito, but you'll see that he redeemed himself.

We continued to troll up the line, when on the way, we spotted a huge mako feeding on a dead sea lion chunk. This thing was humungous! However, several attempts to bait it failed, and it sank out. Sorry, no pictures of that.

We trolled up to the Malibu Pier, and finally stopped and dropped anchor. My choice was the double shrimp fly rig with Gulp, and it paid off - I got 3 fish in 5 minutes. Others continued to catch fish, but the bite quickly shut off. We tried several spots around the area, but nothing wanted to chew. So, we headed back south, stopping at one area that didn't produce that much.

We went futher south, when we stopped at an area that produced quite a bit. Guys fishing the leadhead with squid got themselves big fish, including JayLo, who redeemed himself by catching the jackpot winning triggerfish. This spot also produced some quality grumpies. With time running out, Captain Steven wanted all the guys to have their sacks filled, so we headed down to the sculpin grounds.

Arrived just as the Redondo Special was leaving, and the fishing started out slow. Steven had to reset, and he got down to put some fish on the boat. I finally got a good spot, and filled my quota for sculpin. After a while, we finally headed home.

Minor note: Ray's pork chops are good!

Besides the food, fishing was so-so today, but we all still had a great time. Here are some pictures, and pictures are to follow.

Last edited by Jackpot Jimmy; 10-30-2008 at 04:16 PM.

nice report man! looks like you guys had some fun out there. WTG!

Default Nice Report

awwww... how cute... everyone came out to the saddy hawkins fishing dance with all the matching sweaters

Quote Originally Posted by ~larissa View Post
    awwww... how cute... everyone came out to the saddy hawkins fishing dance with all the matching sweaters

Lol hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ~larissa View Post

Thats Special .

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Thats Special .
    i wouldnt be talking FLAKEMAN65 lol

Sure was a fun day for sure. Here's some more pics.

Thanks for including me in your report Jimmy!! Nice job though!

Dean Who?

Looks like you guys had a good time out there, great report and pics JPJ! Sounds like fishing was a little tough all over, we fished offshore and the temp had dropped 4 degrees Maybe the Bay had somewhat similar conditions? Hope to jump on the Spit with you guys next time out.

TD

Cool looking JP fish! I read somewhere those trigger fish will dull your knife if you try to fillet them!

Looks like you guys had a good time.....could this be the revival of once nearly defunct BBFC? LOL

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast