Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Backwoods, GA (father's email)

Default Backwoods, GA (father's email)

This is from an email my dad sent. This is a private lake out in the middle of nowhere that a lot of my family live by. These catfish are average-sized, and the bluegill there are usually hand-sized.

Here's a pic of Melissa and her cousin, Dillon. They caught the catfish last night, Memorial Day Eve. It's hard to make it out but there are four catfish on the stringer. The biggest was a little over 6 lbs & the smallest was around 3 lbs. Deep fried catfish in buttermilk corn batter with hush puppies. Oh, and washed down with beer. Yum, yum.

thats one hell of a private lake :shock:

Oh, you have to see it to believe it! You can't tell from the picture, but it has everything as far as features: a damn, a shallow cove, an island, a creek feeding into it, and grassy/weedy area. The lake is just packed with fish too. Catching 40 fish in one day is considered slow.

Quote Originally Posted by KaliDawgFan
    Oh, you have to see it to believe it! You can't tell from the picture, but it has everything as far as features: a damn, a shallow cove, an island, a creek feeding into it, and grassy/weedy area. The lake is just packed with fish too. Catching 40 fish in one day is considered slow.
    I hope you meant the type of damn that is used to make hydroelectric power :lol: