Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Yellows on The Jig

Default Yellows on The Jig

Im going on an overnighter this weekend. Does anybody have any info on what the hot jigs are right now??? Im not the best jig fisher so tips would be cool. Thanks in advance......

CHROME BLUE SURFACE WERE HOT ON SATURDAY FOR ME.

Mint is a good one. Hey my buddy was killing on a braid green mackerel color lead jig (like the magic metals but bigger).

I always like chrome muself.

Goodluck.

scrambel egg surface caught 3 over 20lbs wed at coranados

dont forget the dorado colors too

for jig fishing for yellows. drop jig all the way to the bottom. quickly come up about 5 to 10 feet and drop back down. yo-yo a few times and if no strikes. reel in really fast. this is the best method for jigging for yellows. or so i have heard. GOOD LUCK!
    -vic

Quote Originally Posted by victor101
    for jig fishing for yellows. drop jig all the way to the bottom. quickly come up about 5 to 10 feet and drop back down. yo-yo a few times and if no strikes. reel in really fast. this is the best method for jigging for yellows. or so i have heard. GOOD LUCK!
    -vic
    thats how he got that fine grouper on his avatar!!! lol..j/k homie, but that sounds right!!! :D

Salas 6x Jr. in Srambled Egg and Green & Yellow

For chasing down bird schools (yoyoing) I like the Salas 6x JR, Tady 9, and Tady A1 Heavy. These jigs have been good to me over the years. As far as colors go I like scrambled Egg, Bird sh**, varitions green/ white, also green/ white/ yellow, and there some days when nothing beats good old blue/white.

For catching yellows on the surface iron I like the Tady 45, Too sharp surface Iron (no longer available), Tady AA light (no longer available), Killer jig P5 (no longer available), and Pep jig (no longer available). I've also had success throwing light salas surface iron and the Tady C at the yellows. Sometimes they want bigger jigs (tady 45, Too sharp, Salas) but when they picky they will often prefer the smaller jigs (Tady AA light, Pep, killer p-5). As far as colors go for the surface iron I like mackerel or sardine patterns, I've also done well with black/ blue/ white, straight white, green/ yellow, and unpainted aluminum. In my opinion the most important aspect of any surface iron is the action and color is the secondary consideration. If a jig doesn't swim chances are it won't get bit regardless of color. Good luck..

JerryG

Thanks for the info guys..... My trip is due in 12 hrs..... Cant wait......