Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Many poachers

Default Too Many poachers

Went out last nite to check out the hooping actions at the piers last nite and man, too many people poaching undersize lobsters..Hooping w/o report cards either...DFG needs to crack up on these guys...These guys must off landed 30+ lobsters, over 80% of them are undersized..
    Last edited by sleeperek; 09-27-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Default Poachers

Just curious, what pier? I know Santa Monica is a JOKE at this time of year but was not sure about the others.

Doug

Default So did u make a call

So if you observed this and are sure of what you seen, did you make call to DFG? Not trying to be a jerk, but if no one makes the calls, then they will continue with this activity. Even if you make the call and DFG does not show up, at least you did your (OUR) part.

Eddie

It was at redondo...I didn't have the DFG number with me....Everytime they catch one, they would take it to the car....I was trying to find out which car it was and get a license plate number but didn't want to get seen as well...Its A-holes like this that makes the sport/game so strict...I am certain of what I observed...Why else would they stick what they caught right up their jackets or back packs as soon as they take it from the hoopnets...Not even an attemp to measure the bugs...
    Last edited by sleeperek; 09-27-2008 at 10:40 AM.

1 888 DFG-CALTIP (888 334-2258), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

That sucks to say the least. I don't catch lobster but it ticks me off all the same. (My cousin was a FL Game Officer and was murdred by a deer poacher: http://www.odmp.org/officer/3651-wil...-byron-crowder ) Everyone of us "legal" guys needs to put DFG's # on speed dial on our cell phones for situations like this as well as for people that litter..... I have.

Last edited by fishing_addict; 09-27-2008 at 11:42 AM.

In my phone =) Thanks for the post man!

:D

im sorry, but i called the DFG many times before on poachers and they dont even show up. Not once have they showed up when me or my buddies have called them. I know im doing my part by calling them, but it gets frustrating sometimes.

I've done the same in many cases and never had a DFG officer came out.
    Last edited by Fishtaco; 09-28-2008 at 05:02 PM.

A local Sheriff Deputy can also enforce the DFG Regs, you can aways try calling them.

Call 911. Be creative in the story and get them to come out. Do what it takes!!! If CHP comes out they tend to take care of biz too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast