Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: eastern sierras 9-13 thru 9-18

Default eastern sierras 9-13 thru 9-18

Hey guys

Arrived saturday afternoon, went to gull lake. Shore fishing by the playground my wife caught 4 on salmon pb, 3 c&r and 1 keeper. I got skunked. Sunday we hit june lake in a pontoon boat 1/2 day. My wife again caught 4 on salmon pb, 3 c&r and 1 keeper. I caught 3, 1 on corn pb, 1 on salmon pb and 1 keeper on a mepps spinner. That afternoon we went to gull meadows and tried fishing of the dock, but it was to windy so we headed over to the playground side again. My wife was tried so she watched while I fished. I tried different lures with no luck, so I got out her trusty salmon pb and caught 1 c&r. Monday we drove down to convict lake and fished till 11:00, I got skunked and she caught 1 on her salmon pb c&r. We then drove down to rock creek lake and found a spot along the rocky shoreline by the parking lot. My wife got the skunk, fish not going for her salmon pb. I caught 1 on chunky cheese pb c&r, then I strated using a chrome thomas bouyant and my luck changed. Caught 1 nice keeper and then after about four more casts hooked into a big one, my personal best, a 25" long 6lb rainbow, I was major stoked. I had another nice one but lost him about 20' from shore, no problem I had my trophy. Tuesday the weather was windy and rained of and on so we went sightseeing. Wednesday we went out on a pontoon boat again at june lake. My wife got the skunk again, I think her trusty salmon pb was done. I caught 3 on gold thomas bouyants c&r, it was still fairly windy. That afternoon I went back over to gull lake by the playground for my last couple of hours of fishing before we left the next morning, my wife was done fishing. I caught 2 more c&r, 1 on orange pulp pb and 1 on the trusty salmon pb. All total I caught 12 and my wife caught 9, 5 keepers. I dethroned the pb queen and she`s got her work cutout now to beat my new personal best. We had a great time and I can`t wait to go back. I`ll follow with some pictures.

Thanks Bill

Default pictures

Here`s some photos

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June lake 08 007.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	7765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June lake 08 021.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	7766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June lake 08 023.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	7767   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June lake 08 026.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	7768   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June lake 08 028.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	7769  

Nice looking fish! I can't wait, I'll be up there in a little over a week!

nice 25incher...looks thick for how long it is.

Good job on the fish.. I'll be up there in 2 days

Default Hours

That's a nice bow, you all did great thanks for the report. In 7 hours we are heading for Bishop, will be hitting South lake, Sabrina, and other places, we can't wait!

I'm leaving for Bishop ....now, report to follow.

Nice going on your 6 lb.er

Thanks for the report and pics.

awesome fish man! I love that beer too... Big Sky Brewery's trout slayer ale is one of my favorite beers. Looks like fun!!

Default Beer

Hey Mike

I finally caught a trout worthy of the trout slayer ale
    The tales really do get bigger with every ale.

Bill