Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Socal Rig" Exposed

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Nice write up Socal. Still dig that setup. Quit making me want another FC4!
    My Nevada is a hoopty ride
    nope,my caddis navigator IV is,,,lol,,,but i still love it....

Socal you da man. Why don't you make one for a caddis nevada and post the pics? You know you need to be able to do more than one type of tube if you are going to make the big bucks. Your rig looks better than any of the store bought stuff I have seen. Good post, thanks for the insights.

Quote Originally Posted by joe man View Post
    Socal you da man. Why don't you make one for a caddis nevada and post the pics? You know you need to be able to do more than one type of tube if you are going to make the big bucks. Your rig looks better than any of the store bought stuff I have seen. Good post, thanks for the insights.
    What a good idea. I just happen to have my old Caddis Nevada in storage. Maybe I'm gonna dust it off, fill it with air, and get to work on a rod holder for it on my spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    What a good idea. I just happen to have my old Caddis Nevada in storage. Maybe I'm gonna dust it off, fill it with air, and get to work on a rod holder for it on my spare time.
    You do that, and don't forget to post what you come up with. I am about to build a rod holder for my Nevada but I also want to incorporate a couple of tackle trays so I have more room to carry the gear I want in a manner that allows me to find it easily. If you have any ideas throw them out.

Where do you stash the anchor and chain and 100 feet of rope?

Quote Originally Posted by joe man View Post
    You do that, and don't forget to post what you come up with. I am about to build a rod holder for my Nevada but I also want to incorporate a couple of tackle trays so I have more room to carry the gear I want in a manner that allows me to find it easily. If you have any ideas throw them out.
    Tackle trays... Hmmm... I was just thinking of the same thing of that to add to my FC4.

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Where do you stash the anchor and chain and 100 feet of rope?
    Never had a need for an anchor.

Default SeaHawk 300 mods

I got crazy with the idea that I cold put a 55lb. thrust Minn Kota on a 7' SeaHawk 300 (3 man raft). This is where I am on the project for now.

Still trying to understand the "machanized propulsion" issue.

The boating class guy up in Big Bear tells me that I may not even need to have my 13' whitewater raft licnesed (other crazy project) as a vessele for most jurisdictions. But he tells me that differnt areas define "mechanised propulsion" differently. So a trolling motor in one area would require a vessele to be licensed and in other areas not required.

Anybody here with personal experience with any certain jusisdiction?

I was hoping to test it out a Silverwood lake soon.

Mojave River Angler

Well, per this website, any boat not manually powered must be registered.
    http://www.dbw.ca.gov/Pubs/Abc/registration.pdf

I know I was thinking about putting a trolling motor on my float tube once. I was told I'd have to register it.

Come on!! Live dangerously!! Set it up and wait for the patrol to come over and fine you. Then you'll know!! LOL Just kidding. I'd register it, just to be safe. I have a feeling that the fine will be hefty.

Since Im in the Navy I stood with a Navy Blue and some fancy work. It mtches my Prowler so I am happy with it. I used an end cap cause Im saving for my fish finder and Ill add that after

This really helped I bought and made straps from REI for 5 bucks. I got blue ones to match my Prowler. I liked the way it looks. Im still doing the research on what finder I want to use. Im looking at the Garmin Fishfinder 160c it has good reviews but if anyone has a favorite Id really appreciate it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast