Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Socal Rig" Exposed

Default tube rig

looks like your ready for war!

Default War??

Quote Originally Posted by 05sti View Post
    looks like your ready for war!
    Tell you what dawg, that guy can put the hurt on the lmb cavalry and has many a time. I like what So Cal does with his tube a lot, but I like what he does with a rod and reel a whole lot more. The man can fish! If I could just get his axx in a toon he would really kick butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronira View Post
    Tell you what dawg, that guy can put the hurt on the lmb cavalry and has many a time. I like what So Cal does with his tube a lot, but I like what he does with a rod and reel a whole lot more. The man can fish! If I could just get his axx in a toon he would really kick butt.
    Man, after seeing what I've done to a tube, I'm afraid of what I can do to a toon. If I ever got into one, you better believe it will be battle ready and worthy of the darkside. Thanks for the kind words dawg. We gotta get a floatilla out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LBSea View Post
    Bassman,
    Very nice setup! Two changes I made to my setup were moved the rods to behind the seat. In this layout I have access to land or fight a fish from either side of the tube. The other change I made and is a MUST is going to AA batteries for my FF/GSP unit. I used a re-charge battery like yours for my Kayak and hated the weight and those times I would forget to charge since the recomend completely drain before each charge. I will try to post photos but the weight is reason enough. You can get an 8 or 10 AA battery tray from Radio Shack for less than $3.00.

In no way am I trying to dis your ride as it is truly awsome, just something to think about!

Doug
    Thanks man. I tried the AA thing, but it didn't last as long as I hoped and I got tired of buying batteries. Honestly, the weight of the battery doesn't bother me, it's the weight of all the tackle I have on there that gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poxy Boggards View Post
    Sweet, thanks for the info! Great write up, and I'll use this for sure when I start my mods to my toon.
    No prob man. Can't wait to see your tricked out toon.

hey socal bassman. thanks for the specs on your rod holder. i just built a similer version for my soon to be float tube (FC4).

I think that I am going to do the same thing for mine and make some rod holders.

Great info.Thanks very much for taking the time to show this.

Hey SoCal!

You want to put one together for me or with me, I'll bring you in to Canyon Lake for a good LMB trip!

I have the same tube. Love it!

email:

hugh at anewsong dot com

That lil tube has more pole holders and sophisticated equipment than my 16' ride!!!

Nice work of art!!!!!

Steve

equipt with video & lights for night fishing , any questions PM me i will help you out

Last edited by joedaplumber; 12-12-2008 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joedaplumber View Post
    equipt with video & lights for night fishing , any questions PM me i will help you out

Nice setup.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast