Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Socal Rig" Exposed

How much are you willing to spend on a finder? Better yet, what do you expect the finder to do for you? If you're just concerned about knowing depth and find structure, the garmin should do just fine.

However, the one you mentioned only has 128V pixels. Trying to accurately determine what you are looking at would be difficult. I'd suggest a finder with at least 320V pixels. There are a number of monochrome units for about $200 with 320V pixels. I've been happy with the Lowrance X96 so far. For color units, the Garmin 190 seems to be the best bang for the buck at about $250. The Lowrance X510c has been great and I love it. Then again, it's also $369. Still a great value since it cost $500 when it first came out a couple years ago.

Im going to use the finder for depth and so I can see the drop offs. Id rather have a color unit and i was looking at bass pro over the weekend and i found one that i think will work for me. i want to make a good mount so it will last and look well. Thanks for your advice.

SoCal Bassman, I used your directions and my rod holder is perfect. Thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345