Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry firearms?

I carry a good-sized Knife,but I doubt that it would save Me in an attack by either Bear or Lion.But neither would a Gun.....You'd never see or hear the Lion until your neck snapped,and if a Bear were to charge,you'd probably only get off one round before She mauled you like a Rag doll......

Seriously,in 30+ yrs.of beating brush in critter-friendly places,I've found that watching your surroundings & not Hiking alone is the best defense....

Be Careful Ya'all.....

sounds like that one movie, forgot the name, but 3 guys go backpacking for a weekend and end up getting into a hugemess with pot gaurds. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Wormer View Post
    Seems to be a lot of paranoia, hyperbole and disparagement going on in your statement and not a lot of logic.

Haven't really seen any crass political statements on this board before. Maybe I just lurk in the wrong forums....

And BTW, I'm all for carrying a firearm.....I just think you're out to lunch.
    Statement? I was'nt making a "statement" especially a political statement!
    I was just agreeing with poster & added to the reasons why to carry one,
    If a person wanted too? Perhaps hunting or tree hugger struck a nerve on You're left side? Sorry about that, was'nt intentional. I just happen to do both! Avid hunter & fisherman. 'Professor' BTW I'm not "out to lunch" or paranoid & I'll even admit!
    I don't even know what hyperbole or disparagement means? but sometimes logic = common sense! Anyways I enjoy FNN, so I'm not going to highjack a legitimate post by arguing! So have a great day.
    My

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    I carry my trusty Red Rider BB Gun
    with a compass in the stock?

Quote Originally Posted by dalean08 View Post
    Berreta 9mm holds 15
    And don't forget that loud *** Tater launcher!

Do what you gotta do

Don't tell anyone what you carry and where.

The first time you get caught concealing is just a misdemeaner.

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Don't tell anyone what you carry and where.

The first time you get caught concealing is just a misdemeaner.

Who said anything about concealing? I keep mine in my shoulder holster out for all the bears and such to see! Besides, if your in a national forest it's perfectly legal to carry a firearm where it is exposed. However state and national parks inside the state of California is another story.... no firearms allowed as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_addict View Post
    Who said anything about concealing? I keep mine in my shoulder holster out for all the bears and such to see! Besides, if your in a national forest it's perfectly legal to carry a firearm where it is exposed. However state and national parks inside the state of California is another story.... no firearms allowed as far as I know.

Yep.

I carry a Colt .357 Mag. 2 rounds of snake shot, 4 rounds of .357 Mag. hollow point.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast