Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Carry firearms?

My 10mm will tell you otherwise... Plenty of knockdown power.. 9mm I agree sort of, a .40 should kill a lion no doubt, With a decent placed shot. The story about the dog, kinda scary.. I still would have shot the cat in the ***.. 50 yards with a pistol is totally doable with shot placement being key.

Chris

50 yards with a handgun at a movable target????? Hmmm....Been there....one of those things that looks possible on paper. Add adrenaline and a faster heartbeat, among other things to the equasion.....I met a lot of people that are unbeleivable on the range, but when you put a live threat in front of them....some have multiple misses from ten feet away. Its a very interesting phenominon. Some people are combat shooters, some people are not...but 5 yards with a hnadgun at a running mountain lion???? The chances are more likely that you win the California Lottery.
    Last edited by MAVERICK27; 02-03-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112