Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Yellowfin, WSB, Flattie" Action in NPN 9/9

Gotta love NPH!!! I can't wait to get out there again.

Nice day of fishng bro. That's an awesome report. I Wish I had a boat so I can fish the harbor like that haha. Soon i'll get a kayak to take to the harbor.

Looks like you guys did great out there!! Those multi-species days are .

I was at M street dock but the only thing I caught was an ear full from a guy with 5 poles who thought he owned the dock, I got tangled in one of his 5 lines.

Once again, Nice job guys!!

Nice job on your catch!

Thanks all for the replies!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Whew! You guys killed it out there
    Very nice day out. Good work!
    Thanks Casey,

The reality is that 1 spot made an other wise slow day into a very good and fun day!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Now that's some HOT harbor action right there! Nicely done gentlemen. You own that harbor Steve!
    Arthur,

As you know sometime you get lucky and find some new areas for the hot action by luck!!!!!! Other wise would have been an off day.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA View Post
    Wow way to go out there nice variety thanks for the pics and report.

Bigred killa
    That Harbor can be a blast when it is on and you never know what you are going to pull in on the other end.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by lurk 182 View Post
    that's cool. those spotties pull like smallmouths. fun stuff. every try liitlle hardbaits like a pointer or x-rap?
    Yes the Spotties are very sporty no matter their size and the larger are absolutely a blast!!!!!! Yes we experiment with hard baits and even spinner baits but the with the technology these days the soft swim baits seem to work best for us.

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    Thanks again Steve for a great trip. It was as good as fishing gets. I caught Yellowfin, the fight was the same as the pelagic kind if you were to go pound for pound. Thanks agan for an awesome day of fishing.

Eddie
    Eddie,

Thanks for making me grind and the incentive to work that much harder to be successful. Even the distraction that I picked up from the docks that was you company for a few hours did not cut into the your bendo time today!!!!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Awesome day on the water.......I'll be heading south in the next few weeks to hit up some of my favorite spots too.I love those spottie special plastics!
    Thanks for the report!
    bones,

Good luck when you do make it down to the area. Seems all of the Fish Traps and Hammers work well just a matter of timing and the right pattern.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Nice mixed bag of fish, nice job on getting rid of the !

Just have to keep throwing and working no matter how slow it may seem and eventually you will be rewarded.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by supasportkid View Post
    great report!! thats a good variety, and quality
    Thanks,

The Harbor does reward you for the hard work sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTFISHUES View Post
    dang.....

nice job all around, that spottie was quality, those yfc's were quality, all in all looked awesome.

what part of the tide did that explosion occur, and what method of retrieval enticed the spottie?

HESBROS looked like you had a good time, alot of fun them bays can be on light tackle, excelent job.

GOTFISHUES
    The hot action actually occurred just before it bottomed out and shut down when the inflow stated which is not normal.

We just happened onto some hungry fish in a heavy concentration. As for the retrieve I wait for the drop to finish and keep in slight contact with the bottom. The speed varies dependent on the size of bait and current but "Keep it on the Bottom for the Spotties"

Eddie is now having a great time now that he has adapted from his open water techniques and fine tuned it to the inner water.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bergie berg View Post
    Gotta love NPH!!! I can't wait to get out there again.
    Wish I was retired and lived on the shores so I could enjoy it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhard22 View Post
    Nice day of fishng bro. That's an awesome report. I Wish I had a boat so I can fish the harbor like that haha. Soon i'll get a kayak to take to the harbor.
    There are plenty of opportunities to catch in the harbor with out a boat you just need to explore!!!!!!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    Looks like you guys did great out there!! Those multi-species days are .

I was at M street dock but the only thing I caught was an ear full from a guy with 5 poles who thought he owned the dock, I got tangled in one of his 5 lines.

Once again, Nice job guys!!
    John,

Sorry about the miss communication in the PM!!!!! Sorry I did not make it that far down the harbor to see your thunb in the air looking for a ride!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve092 View Post
    Nice job on your catch!
    Thanks

Until next time all thanks for the replys and kind words!!!!

Steve
    Last edited by flyngby; 09-15-2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: correction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12