Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Yellowfin, WSB, Flattie" Action in NPN 9/9

Default "Yellowfin, WSB, Flattie" Action in NPN 9/9

We'll if you could imagine this, Eddie(HESBROS) and myself returned to NPH again this week as his ride is still in the shop. Last week Eddie got the hang of the Harbor and was now set on getting a Legal Flattie.

Launched early to what was going to be a tougher day in my mind as we were coming off of a 3 day period of only 2 tide changes an the movement was to be a little better today.

Immediately you could see the results of the past few days lack of tidal movement. The Back Bay was very dirty with salad and the surface was coated with can be described as having had a large paint spill in the harbor, some sort of consistent crusty looking residue floating around.

Any way at the first stop we got the big Zero for the first time in 6 weeks!!!

Spot 2 Eddie started of with a nice but short Flattie.

Took a brb before heading to last weeks new found spot and tried to get some Live Smelt that did not want to cooperate either.

Pulled a few drifts over the spot for a few short Flatties, and Spotties on Eddies behalf and for me it was so far the big Stinky!! Again tried to make some Live Smelt with limited success on some of the smaller variety.

We headed to a new location in the afternoon and it was immediate action on what turned out to be a absolute wide open get you line in the water on a quick turn around to get it while it lasted.

We started with a double hook up on the 16" class WSB, Eddie got his on board but I lost mine on the bounce into the boat, Took quick photo of Eddie and recast for a 19" Flattie on the drop. After that photo it is all a blurr as the action happend so fast that I cannot describe it in words or could we take photos fast enough as neither of us wanted to not get on the action while it lasted.

Count for that 45 min. session was at a something like this:
    8 WSB Eddie with 5
    3 Flatties Me
    10 + Very Nice YFC All Eddie
    1 nice Spottie Me

What a special 45 Min of Harbor action!!!!!!! I even on 2 occasions had Bone Fish followers off the spot. The YFC were Great Quality and were taking Plastics!!!!!!!!!

Just as quickly as it began it ended and we went on in search for the next takers.

Picked up 2 more Spotties and Eddie got a Sandie before we called it a day.

Some Photos

Eddie starts of with a short Flattie on the Plastics

Spottie on Plastics

Drop shotted semi-frozen anchovie

Plastics

Plastic Anchovie Fish Trap

Spottie Special Fish Hammer

Sandie on the Spottie Special Fish Hammer

Last of the day for me this time.

Another addicting trip to the Harbor for Eddie!!!!!

Glad to have lead you around again today Eddie but thanks for the Whoopin you put on me today.

Whew! You guys killed it out there
    Very nice day out. Good work!

Now that's some HOT harbor action right there! Nicely done gentlemen. You own that harbor Steve!

Wow way to go out there nice variety thanks for the pics and report.

Bigred killa

that's cool. those spotties pull like smallmouths. fun stuff. every try liitlle hardbaits like a pointer or x-rap?

Default Yellowfin

Thanks again Steve for a great trip. It was as good as fishing gets. I caught Yellowfin, the fight was the same as the pelagic kind if you were to go pound for pound. Thanks agan for an awesome day of fishing.

Eddie

Awesome day on the water.......I'll be heading south in the next few weeks to hit up some of my favorite spots too.I love those spottie special plastics!
    Thanks for the report!

Nice mixed bag of fish, nice job on getting rid of the !

great report!! thats a good variety, and quality

dang.....

nice job all around, that spottie was quality, those yfc's were quality, all in all looked awesome.

what part of the tide did that explosion occur, and what method of retrieval enticed the spottie?

HESBROS looked like you had a good time, alot of fun them bays can be on light tackle, excelent job.

GOTFISHUES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast