Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Tahoe???

Default re: Tahoe???

I lived on the north shore above Dollar Point when I was a kid. My dad had gotten a job w/ the Placer Co. Sheriffs dept., and moved us from Bakersfield to Lake Tahoe. I spent 3rd thru 7th grade on the lake until my dad was promoted to Sergeant and we moved down to Auburn in 1990. Scouts was pretty fun up there, Troop 266 got away with a lot that other troops wouldn't dare... And the winters were interesting, to say the least!
    As far as fishing the lake, native species are the big Mackinaw (lake trout), kokanee salmon, rainbow and brown trout, etc..
    But I don't believe other fish are to be found. No bass or bluegill or catfish. The reason being that the water in Lake Tahoe is a frigid 40 degrees or less for most of the year. It is extremely cold water.
    But trout prefer that...
    Anyways have fun. Your best bet is to get a guided boat and do some trolling. There are other lakes in the area that have good bank fishing, like Prosser, Boca and Stampede resevoirs. And don't pass up the Truckee River! It is the drainstream of Lake Tahoe, and is incredibly beautiful in most places.

here's a nice link:
    http://http://www.carmelstudios.com/.../index.php

From the Lake Tahoe Tribune......

"Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, black crappie, catfish, bluegill and goldfish have all taken up residence in the Lake Tahoe within the past decade. In addition to the habitat provided by milfoil, these species have been able to survive in Lake Tahoe because of the relatively warm water in sheltered marinas, according to U.S. Forest Service literature."

I have heard that the Tahoe Keys area has become one of the best sleeper largemouth bass fisheries in the state!

Default oh..

Goes to show what I know.. heh.. but then it was 17 years ago that we moved to Auburn... I guess a lot has happened
    within the past decade
    :titanic:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12