Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Tahoe???

Default Lake Tahoe???

Going to be up there in the middle of July........
    never been,never seen,dont know anyone who has
    Please help...What will I be fishing for? Is the fishing any good in the Keys? thats where Im staying.

Hey Fishum take me with you, I grew up 45 miles from there. You are going to fall in love with that place. Tahoe Keys is a nieghborhood on the lake. It has small channels coming off the main lake to get your boat to the dock that most houses there have at the back of their lot. I have never heard of anyone fishing in there because they are shallow and to warm. Trolling for big trout and Kocanee are the main deals that time of year or you can bank fish. The side of the lake the keys are on is pretty shallow and you might be better off going around the lake to where it drops off deeper. Ask some of the locals and they will help you out. There are also some really good guides on that lake. Have fun and post up some pics. Peace Ron

I've found alot of guides there,any particular recommendations?
    Are the trout and salmon all thats there? Im taking my boat and plan on a guide one of the days but I was hoping to have the option of fishing from the dock that comes with our rental house in the keys.Are there any warmer water species that can be caght in the keys?ie. bluegill,crappie,catfish???

PM sent.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think Lake Tahoe has special restrictions on fishing boats and other watercraft on the lake. May want to check into those rules before taking your boat up there.

Chuck's Bait Tackle & Guide Service
    8658 N Lake Blvd
    Kings Beach, CA 96143

(530) 546-8425

Well worth the trip. Good Luck and Tight Lines.

One_Leg

And be sure to try the RUMRUNNERS at the bar on kings beach, THEY ROCK. Hey one_leg you spend time up there? I haven't been home in about 12 years and it sounds like you know it better than I do. If you go west on 50 to hwy 49 and then go north to the so fork canyon, that's where I lived. Peace Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Cabodude
    I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think Lake Tahoe has special restrictions on fishing boats and other watercraft on the lake&#46; May want to check into those rules before taking your boat up there&#46;
    THERE ARE RESTRICTIONS ON BOATS&#46; JUST LIKE DVL&#46; NO 2 STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabodude
    I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think Lake Tahoe has special restrictions on fishing boats and other watercraft on the lake&#46; May want to check into those rules before taking your boat up there&#46;
    THERE ARE RESTRICTIONS ON BOATS&#46; JUST LIKE DVL&#46; NO 2 STROKES
    No worries&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;I have a small block mercruiser w/a alpha outdrive&#46;Not a fishing boat&#46;I will hit up the guide service and spend the rest of the week with the family,and I'll be fishing in Bishop on the way up there and the way home also&#46;

I hear the smallmouth fishing in the keys is pretty good too&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;
    whats the trick?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast