Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Smoking Salmon

Default Smoking Salmon

Anybody have a good brine for smoking salmon?

I use a mixture of Soy-Vey taryakai sauce, some lime juice, some brown sugar. Put fish in shallow glass or plastic (no alumnim) cover with marinade,let sit overnight, take out next morning, pat dry and when they glaze over put em in the SMOKER. You can also use Soy-Vey soy sauce, but I think it makes the smoked fish taste to salty. Smoke about 5 or 6 hours on low heat, then invite me over for some good fish and a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky70 View Post
    I use a mixture of Soy-Vey taryakai sauce, some lime juice, some brown sugar. Put fish in shallow glass or plastic (no alumnim) cover with marinade,let sit overnight, take out next morning, pat dry and when they glaze over put em in the SMOKER. You can also use Soy-Vey soy sauce, but I think it makes the smoked fish taste to salty. Smoke about 5 or 6 hours on low heat, then invite me over for some good fish and a beer.

Hey Sparky,
    Thanks for the recipe. Appreciate it as I know some people hold onto recipes. Will give it a try. Got a USC gathering next Sat that I might try this recipe for
    Last edited by sashimi; 09-08-2008 at 06:21 PM.