Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***k3vin_kim's 28th NBU Birthday Weekend***

Default ***k3vin_kim's 28th NBU Birthday Weekend***

Thursday 9/4 - Chartered the Mardiosa out of Pierpoint to fish on Friday (my birthday 9/5). Got the thumbs up from my boss and 3 of us from the company took Friday to go on a trip. Sansou made the drive up from San Diego to join us on the trip too. Thanks for coming up Rich~! We get to the boat at 10 and decide as a group to fish the front side of Catalina.

Picked up 10 scoops of live squid at the island.

Wake up on my birthday at 5:30 to try for some King Croakers w/no love. I tried on the WSB jig and pinned a frozen squid. Then tried the live squid... it was just too early.

Morning Grey light appears around 6:30AM

Then the Bees from the island came and harassed us. Little buggers **** me off. Flying around you face, ears, mouth, legs... they don't sting but they bite and it is quite a nuisance.

Rig of the day was a sliding sinker on top of a 7/0 hook and a live squid.

We picked steadily at short calico's throughout the morning and throughout the whole day and then my buddy Kyle hooks up w/a MONSTER YT at 7AM.

ZzZZzzzzzZZZZZZzzZzzZZ ~! He hooked onto his first Yellow EVER and was battling it for about 3 minutes. It took him from the port side to the bow but then it found the reef and Kyle got rocked.

An hour later - Sansou... ZZZZzzzZZZZZzZzzzZZZZZ ~! Sansou hooks onto another monster that he battles for about 15 minutes. Takes him around the boat about 3 or 4 times. Major Bendo action. Then just when it was about to come to color....

*Bink*

Bummer. It broke off at the knot. Everyone was anxious to get a gander at that one.

2 hours and about 100 short Calico's later... By the way the weather was Superb all day.

My buddy Jim hooks onto a big YT...
    ZZZZzZzZZZZZzzzZZzzzzzzZZZZZ ~! Takes him from the port to the Bow but then a minute or 2 later -

*Bink*

Geez, when is my turn gonna come? It's MY birthday Dammit.
    3rd stop of the morning... I toss out a live squid that makes its way to the floor (past the dam young calico's). WHAM~! AHHHHHHHHHhHHhhhhhhHh..... .... ... .. . huh?

It's not ... really pulling like a YT. My first reaction said it was a WSB. 3 minutes later.... it turns out to be a friekin' Black Sea Bass dammit. A small 12-13 pound BSB that was cut off by the gaff - didn't even get it over the rail. Kyle has the pic.

Oh well - we moved on to Bird Crap point. 2PM the Deckhand Dominic sets the hook on a huge YT.... ZZZZzzZzZZzzZzZzZzzZ ~! Surely if anyone of us was going to land it - Dominic would.... Pull Pull pull pull pu... Stop... Check... .... no more pulling.... Rocked.

3pm same spot. It's almost time to go home. I grab the largest, meanest, ugliest most pissed off skwid and triple pin it to a large hook. Let it sink... the typical - peck peck peck peck peck peck - great another short Calico... Let me just set the hook as hard as i can on this little baby since it's my birthday and I'm pissed i'm going home w/an empty sack...

SET~!

AHHHHHHHhhHhhhhhHHhhhHhhhHHHhHHHh~! IT"S MY BIRTHDAY M****ER F***ER~!!!
    Screw the drag - I BUTTON DOWN and savagely muscle the dam fish in. At that moment Sansou hooks onto another Big fish.

4 minutes pass and i finally see color. GAFF~!

"WHAM" on the deck. I look over at Sansou and he's got a nice Goat and I managed to land my birthday present.

Fun Trip and Great time hanging with this great group of guys. Sansou - you really impressed me when you fished "Species Specific" by the way you baited your hook.

Jim and Kyle both got to pull on YT's. We'll get'em next time guys. Yt's 1 for 6. Countless Calico's and Sansou the Sheephead Master (3).

The next day Saturday 9-6, I had my party at my pad and the usual suspects came over and helped me celebrate my 28th. As usual - I don't remember anything. And Back by popular demand by the Guys at Legends 2 (Deanhall and G money - Of course - I had to add pics of me getting WASTED).

ChristainMetalHead came over later but I was already passed out. Bob and Brad and Brad's girl Amy spent the night to fish the Native Sun on Sunday.

Sunday 9-7

Me, Joe, Bob, Brad, Amy, One_leg, Dirtygal board the native and fish rockfish but I'm not doing this report. I'm too tired.

Eddy - can you post up the report?

Best birthday weekend ever~!!

KK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	7284   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	7285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a4.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	7286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a7.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	7287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a8.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	7288  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a9.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	7289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a11.JPG 
Views:	233 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	7290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a12.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	7291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a10.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	7292   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birthday fish.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	7293  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a13.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	7294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a15.JPG 
Views:	325 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	7295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a14.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	7296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A16.JPG 
Views:	418 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	7297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOOD NIGHT.JPG 
Views:	405 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	7298  

Nice B-Day prez bro, chow looks yummy!! lol Love the S#!t face snap shot hahahahah

NIce buzz you had goin' and the fishing on your b-day, now thats cool..
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Chris

Thanks guys.. it was the best.

That looks like an awesome time! Good job on getting a nice YT on your birthday, good karma.

what's up bsp~!

YOUR G DAM RIGHT IT'S KARMA~!!

You know how modest i've been this past year?~?!??!!!?

Looks like a great trip with some good people on board. Glad to see you got a B-day Yellow!

alright Mike~! WHere you beeen bro?

wow looks like a great trip happy bday

Thanks robert. HEy I was talkin' on the boat today w/one leg about that last trip you guys went on... hope to see ya on one of our NBU trips soon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast