Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Ever Charter!! With Uber Cool Pictures!!

Default First Ever Charter!! With Cool Pictures!!

Hey FNN, Sorry for late post but last Monday Roberttouthunter and myself went out on the New Del Mar, out of Marina Del Rey.

Just about 25-30 people on board, I was quite intimidated. Picked a spot on the port side of the boat. As we head out of Marina Del Rey I notice how much boat traffic there is, My god it's a frenzy! I'm glad i didn't tube!!

After about 25 min of driving we get out to our first stop. Right as i drop in with a piece of squid I hookup. My god this feels big. I'm pulling pretty good and the fish shakes and then feels like dead weight. But it's still on, I'm thinking wow this has gotta be big...Psh are you kidding of course it feels big but then it's not. The deckhand comes over and sees me fighting this "Big fish" and when i bring it up he looks at me like "What an idiot" Haha oh well, all i had was a Pike Rod. It was about a two pound Orange fish, I forgot what it was called, so many species. With the skunk off i fell good!! We fish that spot for a while I hookup on a little tree fish, cool! This whole time we are fishing a kid about 10 feet away
    is going crazy on mackerel. You look away then you hear "I GOT ONE!!" I thought that was pretty cool.

After about a hour with about 3 fish we move. Then when we get there Robert and I hook up on some Sculpin. I get one and Robert gets one, they are both short though... Waiting for a legal here!! Then people start pulling up sheapsheads near us. Robert is looking at them saying "Damn, i need a sheepshead!!" Don't we all Robert? Right as he says that i hookup! Sheepshead, Cool!! It's small though...They always are arn't they? Well for me they are, haha. After about sometime with no fish we move.

A hour at the new spot and it feels like the fish are all gone. Then Robert hooks up on his legal. A nice Sculpin, Way to go Rob!! Then not much after that, its almost the end of the day and i hookup on small Bass.

Overall it was fun! Great first charter. I'm going tomorrow on the Redondo Special, or another afternoon boat. Ill be fishing with a friend who works on one of those boats. Give us a "Hey" If you see us there! Rob, thanks for a fun trip, and teaching me how to fish the salt i appreciate it a lot man!

PICS!

Short Sheepshead

Smile Robert!!
    "THE SUN!!"

...Ok again

Wow, ok i can fix this.

Perfect!!

Back home!

Last edited by britheguy; 09-09-2008 at 04:40 PM.

hah eyes closed

gear

boat

buddy

food from that awesome day (i know it doesnt look appetizing but the sculpin was really good the pic below is some mackeral a guy gave me cus he caight too many)
    Last edited by Robert trout hunter; 09-05-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Haha Robert, in all of the pictures i look like I'm pissed for some reason. Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by britheguy View Post
    Haha Robert, in all of the pictures i look like I'm pissed for some reason. Hahaha.
    You knew he was gonna feed you mackeral tacos....

Good report boyz, good job

GD

Hey Brian, nice report, but why'd you cook all that bait the guy gave you?

One_Leg

no not brian me im the one who ate the mackeral (it wasnt bait sry i cant tell if yer being sarcastic) it tastes like fish just like all other fish except whitefish and sculpin

Hurry robert, delete that comment so you can blame brian for eating those mackeral!!

GD

Hey you guys, way to go on the trip and report.
    Next time just make sure that the skin side is DOWN when you take the pics of dinner...

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Hey you guys, way to go on the trip and report.

Next time just make sure that the skin side is DOWN when you take the pics of dinner...

ok alan, lets leave the kid alone man...hell pay for that dinner tonite with butt burn....lol.....

I am still laughing at the fact he called it a charter.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast