Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newport harbor 4/14

Default newport harbor 4/14

headed out to the same spot as last time. same thing basically all over again. three bass on the white grub one hali on the white grub too. and one nice sized bass on a swimbait. no picks today. i cut my shin really deep and my hand too. i cut my hand on a mussel and i think it already getting infected

Hey Stu,
    If you get cut by a mussel your supposed to pee on it to stop the pain.

Or was that a stingray? Oh well, better safe than sorry. :wink:

One_Leg

one_leg, I can tell ur no doctor. Everyone knows u take ibuprofen for mussel pain.

FishermanStu, I hope u received true medical care instead of relying on home remedies from friends like one_leg, however well-meaning they may be. Infections should not be taken lightly. I don't want u changing ur screen name to one-leg because of an infected cut. One one_leg is one one_leg too many. j/k

bflf

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishlittlefish
    one_leg, I can tell ur no doctor. Everyone knows u take ibuprofen for mussel pain.

bflf
    :rofl: LMAO

hahaha. :rofl: :rofl: . were you serious about the pee thing? cause you pee on a sting if it is from a jellyfish. i dont think it would go over very well if the neighboors saw me peeing on my hand at the end of a storm drain in the bay

very funny you guys.........& #46;. :rofl: Next time, clean it with some Betadine, (wipes can be put in tackle box), Rinse with Peroxide and water, put some Neosporin antibiodic ointment on it and a bandaid. Change it twice a day and no infection!!!! Always good to clean a wound immediately. Don't use a dirty fishin rag. Or, if you haven't got any 1st aid stuff, rinse it in the salt water and clean it up as soon as you can, using above technique. Neosporin is good stuff snd if it is painful get the one with the painkiller in it.

very funny you guys.........& #46;. :rofl: Next time, clean it with some Betadine, (wipes can be put in tackle box), Rinse with Peroxide and water, put some Neosporin antibiodic ointment on it and a bandaid. Change it twice a day and no infection!!!! Always good to clean a wound immediately. Don't use a dirty fishin rag. Or, if you haven't got any 1st aid stuff, rinse it in the salt water and clean it up as soon as you can, using above technique. Neosporin is good stuff snd if it is painful get the one with the painkiller in it.

I always have believed in rubbing my cuts in the dirt to stimulate the immune response. :wink:
    I was an EMT, a Commercial Diver Medic and a Hyperbaric Technologist in a previous incarnation.

Good advice OleFisherGal

One_Leg

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    I always have believed in rubbing my cuts in the dirt to stimulate the immune response. :wink:
    I was an EMT, a Commercial Diver Medic and a Hyperbaric Technologist in a previous incarnation.

Good advice OleFisherGal

One_Leg
    in that case i am just going to go ahead and start peeing on every vut. maybe even other peoples cuts when they arent looking. for their own good

Quote Originally Posted by FishermanStu
    in that case i am just going to go ahead and start peeing on every vut. maybe even other peoples cuts when they arent looking. for their own good
    Let me know how that works out for you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast