Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How long will trolling motor run

Default How long will trolling motor run

any-one know how long you can troll with a 46 lb thrust on 2000 lb boat with three batteries&#46;

I would think all day, easy&#46; Depends on whether or not you are drawing current for other uses&#46; Also, do you have them hooked up in series or are you switching from 1 battery to another? I've used my motor all day using 1 battery and just dipping into a second&#46;

ONLY WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE IS TO TRY&#46;

Good luck&#46;

GM

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Madrigal
    I would think all day, easy&#46; Depends on whether or not you are drawing current for other uses&#46; Also, do you have them hooked up in series or are you switching from 1 battery to another? I've used my motor all day using 1 battery and just dipping into a second&#46;

ONLY WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE IS TO TRY&#46;

Good luck&#46;

GM
    thanks, they are running in a series&#46; do you think 46 lb&#46; thrust is enough?

Battery life shouldn't be an issue at all but whatever you do DO NOT skimp on your trolling motor&#46; I have a 100lb Motor Guide Tour Edition on my 18&#46;5" Ranger and it is killer&#46; According to Ranger my approximate boat weight is 1550 pounds&#46; Add my fat *****, gas and tackle to that and I'm way over 2000 pounds&#46;

I have a 35 lb on my 13 ft aluminum with 2 guys and a boat full of gear using it all day long on a single batt &#46;It also depends on if you are just using it on and off for positioning or trolling and what speed you are using on it &#46;But 3 batts I wouldnt worry &#46;&#46;Are they deep cycle ?

You should be able to run all day long if your batteries are in decent shape and fully charged&#46; Three batteries, is it a 36 volt system? Mines on a 24 volt system and I can run that thing on high all day&#46;

I have a 2007 Bass Tracker TXW 17'10 it has a 46 lb thrust and moves me and a partner just fine all day on 1 battery&#46; At the Lagoon you can ONLY use the trolling motor&#46; I was nervous as hell the first time but like G&#46;M&#46; said you just have to try&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;

C&#46;C&#46;

thanks for all the info every-one&#46; i am going to go for the minn kota edge, or the powerdrive with auto pilot&#46; 55 lb thrust&#46;