Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Search for the Missing Mermaid"

mermaid, thats funny
    nice catches

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Sweet! Looks killer to be able to cruise around the harbor like that. Open seas too!
    Glad to see she got the big one! Now she'll want to go out there more with you guys.
    Yes today was not all about the fishing and hopefully the wife will join us more often.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce watson View Post
    She got a nice looking spottie. Anything over 16 inches is a prize to me. If she comes back in a few years it'll be an inch or two longer.
    Yes there are some quality Spotties in there and all of ours go back after a quick photo to grow bigger!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    Looks like another great day in NPH! Congrats to the Mrs. on that big spottie!! As for the mermaids, I think I spotted 2 of them sunning themselves on the sand near a dock we visited yesterday!!

Steve, did the water seem to be cooler than usual for this time of year?
    I missed seeing the 2 sunning them selves as I was trying to determine if that was you all on the dock.

As for the water yes it was colder maybe due to the fact that we have had the continuous marine layer keeping the sun off the water early in the am. I can't recall mornings with the layer making it's way all the way into my territory near Pasadena/ La Canada in August.

With the big Tide movements today the water clarity varied drastically as we moved around and made color selection more difficult!

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    I am sure it was great to be out fishing with the family. Congrats on your catch. Thanks for sharing on FNN
    Thanks as always for the replies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Hey Steve, that's a really nice first picture with my house there in the background. Why didn't you stop by to say hello... didn't you see that I was home with the yatch parked there?

Wow, you even got the wife out there this time!
    Great to see you guys spending some quality family time together.
    Nice job on the variety of catches, very cool.
    What I wanna know, is how did you modify my swimbaits?

Hopefully, I'll see you & Brad on Sunday.
    Thanks Arthur,

A family that plays together stays together!!!!!

As for the modification you will have to wait. We have several combinations!!!!

I left a voice mail on your cell!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BassEngineer View Post
    Very nice day...I like the variety. I couldn't tell you the difference between a spottie and a smoothie...unless one was a dog and the other was something at Jamba Juice.

I like the pics...

Nice angling!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fish View Post
    Looks like a fun day with the family. Congrats to Leslie on the nice spottie.

Beware of mermaids... they are evil.
    I would not want to be caught with one of the evil creatures!!!!

Looking forward to your next Harbor report!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve092 View Post
    Great job everybody!
    Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    mermaid, thats funny
    nice catches
    Thanks Chris

Great report Steve. I am glad to see you were able to get Leslie out on the water. Nice Spottie Leslie, it was a fat one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12