Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Search for the Missing Mermaid"

Default "Search for the Missing Mermaid"

After spending last week on Balboa Island, the Wife finally decided to join us for a ride on the boat on Tuesday 8/19.

The plan was to cruise the harbor and look at some of the fantastic scenery and life of the nothing to worry about folks, some time fishing in the Harbor and to go out into the open seas to let the boat get some throttle play time.

Leslie has always wondered if I had a secret Mermaid in the harbor due to the fact that I spend so much time there. She now knows why I love the place for the scenery, wishful dreams (The Homes and Yachts).

We arrived around 0900 to a less than urgent launch time to what was going to be a relaxed tempo to enjoy the time together.

We arrived at a spot after a short while and brad helped bait up his mothers rig with some soaking bait ( A Ghostie above the Chovie). A few moments later her line took of screaming of the back of the boat and I was wishing I had put her on a bigger setup.

This was not to be as the line snapped!!

We Rigged it up again and she sent it to the bottom again and almost instantly she was on a nice Toad Spottie!!!!!!!!!

Brad helped with the Photo opportunity!!!!

We were then chased from the spot again from the massive barge. It is an intimidating site from a large distance away.

I wish I could see what holds that mooring in place it must be huge!!

From 100' away and don't want to be in the way when it is moving.

We went out the the jetty area in hope of getting Brad his first Bonita and some sea time.

Brad hook up and hoping it is first but turned out to be a large Mackerel.

Returned to the Harbor tour with a stop here and there for the rest of the day.

Small Sandie!

First for me a Bat on Plastics!!! (Modified Wingnut Special).

Brads 2nd of the day YFC

Spottie # 2

Smoothie (Modified Wingnut Special).

Spottie # 3

Brads mini Sandie!!!!!!

It was a great day Family time together on the Water together as a Family with some bonus time of getting a line wet.

We did not find the MERMAID today but maybe in the future!!!!!!!

Leslie best fun of the day was when I pull up to the platform with 15 lazy *** Harbor Seals sunning themselves and to be so close to them.

Leslie did get the Toad Bass of the Day!!!!

Sweet! Looks killer to be able to cruise around the harbor like that. Open seas too!
    Glad to see she got the big one! Now she'll want to go out there more with you guys.

She got a nice looking spottie. Anything over 16 inches is a prize to me. If she comes back in a few years it'll be an inch or two longer.

Thanks for the pics and report i love the secret Mermaid wouldn't that be nice to be fishing and having a hot Mermaid there lol.I wonder how pretty she would be swimming in the harbor.

Bigred

Looks like another great day in NPH! Congrats to the Mrs. on that big spottie!! As for the mermaids, I think I spotted 2 of them sunning themselves on the sand near a dock we visited yesterday!!

Steve, did the water seem to be cooler than usual for this time of year?

I am sure it was great to be out fishing with the family. Congrats on your catch. Thanks for sharing on FNN

Hey Steve, that's a really nice first picture with my house there in the background. Why didn't you stop by to say hello... didn't you see that I was home with the yatch parked there?

Wow, you even got the wife out there this time!
    Great to see you guys spending some quality family time together.
    Nice job on the variety of catches, very cool.
    What I wanna know, is how did you modify my swimbaits?

Hopefully, I'll see you & Brad on Sunday.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 08-20-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Very nice day...I like the variety. I couldn't tell you the difference between a spottie and a smoothie...unless one was a dog and the other was something at Jamba Juice.

I like the pics...

Nice angling!

Looks like a fun day with the family. Congrats to Leslie on the nice spottie.

Beware of mermaids... they are evil.

Great job everybody!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast